Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
NEL-REY
My Device: BOLD 9930

stuck pixel

NEL-REY
Please use plain text.
Contributor
NEL-REY

Re: stuck pixel

hey guys i have a stuck green pixel on my pb. Does anyone know how i can fix it? I have tried everything even the screen fix app from app world. I cant run the app for longer than 5 minutes since the pb has that as the longest time before it goes on stanby.
NEL-REY
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,950
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

If you're saying that you have a non-working or stuck on one color pixel, return the device to your retail seller for an exchange. I know of one other person (I've heard of) with a bad pixel.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
NEL-REY

i was hoping an app could fix it. My pb is great the only issue is the stuck pixel that stays green in black or blue screen.
NEL-REY
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,950
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

No, there's no app to fix hardware problems.

Sorry, good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
b10cey
My Device: Blackberry 9800 Torch & 16 GB Playbook

Dam I noticed one today, green on black or dark blue background.

Has anyone had any joy removing, fading them as I am outwith 14 days return and am currently in the U.K.

2 Playbooks 2 different problems.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
NEL-REY

No fix found yet, I even had the screen helper app running for 4 hours and nothing. You have the exact problem I have. And rim is very silent on this issue and that troubles me. Other than that I love my playbook I'm just waiting for some good apps cause the ones on appworld suck big time.
NEL-REY
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

there are lots of apps that are great. you know that PlayBook has a 1 year warranty and can be extended to 2years

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
NEL-REY

The "great apps" thing is your opinion as appworlds current app selection being weak is mine. I am aware that rim has a one year warranty on the playbook but does it cover stuck or dead pixels? And by the way don't misunderstand me I am a hard core blackberry user and a loyal customer who really believes in rims products. But I am a realist. I have followed the playbook daily every day on the internet since the day they announced it in September, however its clear my people up at rim had some drama to get this pb out there. I say that cause its clear in the "lack of" stuff its missing. But as of today I wouldn't trade my pb for any other product. I just wish rim would get fired up about some things that are very important to us. I have written to so many developers asking for the playbook app and they all respond the same thing. We are waiting for rim to come up with the update that allows us to configure android apps. Its amazing  4 out of 5 developers said the same thing. Also I can't download a single file from the internet at all to install on my pb. So that's my sorrow at this time. But if this was a marriage I would be the super faithful spouse. :smileyhappy:

NEL-REY
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Proton2
My Device: Playbook wifi 64GB

The "technical" term is "dead pixel" by the way. 

Please use plain text.