Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
rockhammer
My Device: Bold 9900 & Playbook

synchronizing non-media files onto playbook?

The desktop manager does a pretty good job of sync-ing media files onto the playbook. The way it lets the user choose files is pretty smart.

Is there a way to use the desktop manager to sync non-media files? I want to be able to dump a bunch of pdfs, excel files, etc so I have them with me to review on the road.

Thanks.

New Contributor
dtobey
My Device: playbook

Re: synchronizing non-media files onto playbook?

I would also like to know how to do this. Thanks.
New Contributor
skian
My Device: blackberry torch

yes me too is that not the point? This is supposed to be a tool not a toy. Headed out of country tommorow waited 6 months for this? Disapointed.. Then they let ATT and the other carriers lock out key features??

alpex

My playbook also appeared as a removable drive that I was able to copy any file to. In addition after enabling wifi sync i was able to see the drive as a network share over wifi. i love this feature!

New Contributor
pkiss
My Device: Bold 9700, Playbook

My playbook appeared as a removable drive under "My Computer".  I loaded a ton of files and photos.... it works great.

New Contributor
dtobey

Mine did not appear as a removeable drive (that was the first place I checked). Is there a way to manually map it as a removeable drive?

Contributor
Blakeroberts
My Device: Blackberry 9300

Good news, bad news for you. easy to move them to your playbook. Just plug into your computer, go to "my computer"and drag and drop.

Unfortunately if you have several file folders you are moving over, it drops the respective folders and moves all your files into one folder. If you have a lot of files that were categorized, its a complete mess

Trusted Contributor
rockhammer

Thanks, Blakeroberts. I see what you mean now.

The folders actually are there (seen from windows explorer) but on the playbook the folder structure is not preserved.

Hopefully they will get this fixed pronto!

Contributor
Blakeroberts
My Device: Blackberry 9300

Hi rockhammer

I just posted in another thread that I spoke again to tech support. Itb sounds like they know they screded up. I told them my playbook is in the box ready to go back to the store. They said to wait 3-4 days. Hopefully this means a fix is being fast tracked.

Trusted Contributor
rockhammer

thanks, Blakeroberts. that's a good trick for getting their attention!