Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Visitor
gowen
My Device: Paybook

syncing Paybook with laptop

Bought two new Paybooks for kids for xmas.  Playbooks work ok but when I install Blackberry desktop on win7 laptop and click on it the screen goes all distorted and it can't sync.  "My Computer" doesn't detect the paybook it so can't access that way. Tryed switching off avg and firewall but still the same.  

Installed it on my old desktop computer with xp and it worked fine but transfering files takes hours because of its age. 

Has anyone else had this problem and if so how do you rectify??

JSanders
Solutions: 5,993
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: syncing Paybook with laptop

Hey, did you try rebooting your laptop and trying the PlayBook connection again?

ALSO:
You have your mobile phone number listed as your "My Mobile Provider" or carrier. Putting your phone number out on the internet on these public forums for the world to see, is not wise. To change that, at the top of this page click on My Settings > Personal Profile > Personal Information, and in the entry block for "Carrier" type the name of your mobile provider.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Re: syncing Paybook with laptop

[ Edited ]

JSanders wrote:

You have your mobile phone number listed ...

It's another British landline (+441...)