Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

JSanders
Solutions: 5,825
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: tablet won't charge at all

Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bimbo1
My Device: blackberry playbook
My Carrier: verizion

I have been told your phone charger will not charge your tablet. My factory charger I believe has been my problem. I posted the issue I had several days back about tablet was flat lined or 0% dead. I open the tablet disconnected the battery leads and waited 30 seconds, reconnected and left the cover off while charging with phone charger approx 3 hours Note : phone and tablet have same port and watts. Put tablet back together and charged using factory charger,which didn't work after all. Now when I charge my tablet I use the smart phone charger which works great.  

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lindac99
My Device: playbook 16GB
My Carrier: bell

It is not that my charger will not work...it does on my daughter's phone.  It is that the end won't stay in the socket on the playbook...it is very loose and even when you hold it in, the light only stays on for about 10 seconds and goes off.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bimbo1

My tablet factory charger plug is lose. Thats why I tried my phone charger which has a better fit for the port on tablet.But if tablet is below 9% charge,

it took approx.3 hours to reboot the tablet and then regular charging for about 90 mins.to get a reading of 85 to 100% charge. My tablet works like first day out of the box.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lindac99

how do you get it to reboot?  even when I hold the plug in the socket, the light won't stay on long enough to get any charge in.  I will try my daughter's phone plug but I don't think it is the charger that is the problem because the one from the playbook works on the phone.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

lindac99 wrote:

how do you get it to reboot?  even when I hold the plug in the socket, the light won't stay on long enough to get any charge in.  I will try my daughter's phone plug but I don't think it is the charger that is the problem because the one from the playbook works on the phone.

LEAVE it connected to the wall outlet charger (not the USB > PC charger).
Leave it connected for 24 hours... every 3-5 hours, press and hold the power button only for about 20 seconds. Eventually it will boot on up, but first must reach a certain charge level.
You will see the blinking red and perhaps yellowish LED light, and perhaps a symbol on screen of "no battery". That means the battery is drained, but it must reach a certain charge before powering on.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lindac99

yeah...it worked.  I used my daughter's phone charger and I got the playbook to charge.  It was at 50% after 5 hours so I think it will work.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bevsanderson
My Device: Blackberry tablet
My Carrier: vodaphone

My tablet is also dead....it wouldn't charge so followed instructions as above posts. When the red light came on after putting on charge it was on for 8-10 seconds. When light went out I unplugged it and put it back on charge and left it till light went off.....I repeated this about 7 times and then the red light went completely...thete is no light whatsoever and it will not charge or switch on!!! Any idea's anyone xxx
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bimbo1

I took the blackberry apart and disconnected the battery post. Remember this will most likely void any warranty you have. But tablet back together and used my phone charger for about 3 hours. After that the red light displayed. I used the blackberry charger and let it charge till it displayed a green light. After the pulse green light started responding I had about 5% charge. Returned back to phone charger. And with in approx 1 hour I got a full charge. I only use my phone charger now and never let the unit go below 10% charge. Good luck.PS this is the only one that worked for my blackberry. And several have resonded back with a big thank you.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

bevsanderson wrote:
My tablet is also dead....it wouldn't charge so followed instructions as above posts. When the red light came on after putting on charge it was on for 8-10 seconds. When light went out I unplugged it and put it back on charge and left it till light went off.....I repeated this about 7 times and then the red light went completely...thete is no light whatsoever and it will not charge or switch on!!! Any idea's anyone xxx

Do NOT unplug it... I don't know why you did that.

Follow the directions above. Leave it connected to the OEM wall outlet charger. Many hours... more than 24.,.. every few hours press the power button ONLY for 20 seconds.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.