Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Regular Contributor
jimlad
My Device: playbook

Re: the playbook sucks bigtime.

I tried to get the wifes bingo site up {sigh} it required Java or Silverlight i cant remember which, either way it didn't work.
Super Contributor
reconeyes
My Device: 32gb playbook

must have been silverlight for java works perfect on my playbook... I would love to see a simple divx player integrated into the pb
New Contributor
hbholland
My Device: Playbook RDJ21WW

I would love to finish that sentence "it would be awesome if there were a playbook application for __________________"

I am a business user and spend a lot of time reading manuals, reference documents, and school texts when I travel. One of the reasons I bought the playbook was so I could read these files and not have to carry volumes of paper when I fly. Found out very early on that adobe reader cannot unlock password protected files. It will not allow you to enter a username and password to unlock the file. The login page displays but is not active. All I would like to see is a useful reader that allows me to unlock a password protected file and save my place when I'm reading. Some highlighting and markup tools would be the cat's meow, but not critical.

I've had my pb for almost a year now and that one capability makes it less than a useful tool for me. And now Adobe has cancelled support for it...

heartbroken and pining...

Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

"it would be awesome if there were a playbook application for __________________SKYPE!

My Device: playbook

just got a PB used off a guy. Now I know why he offloaded it on me DX. It just plain does not work! Pictures don't show up in the browser, it doesn't even stay online for more than a minute, youtube doesn't even play, I can't look for updates on it either because it won't stay connected to the appworld! This thing absolutely does suck.

Contributor
apothecare
My Device: Playbook 16g

Actually as tablets go, the Playbook is a pretty good device, I like the feel of it better than an iPad and the size is just right for business (fits in a suit jacket pocket)

If they could get the battery issue fixed and find a way to make them accessible to internet via 3G, it would be pretty much a perfect tablet

and for $149, it's a LOT of technology, just not ready for primetime in some regards

Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

I have a huawei mifi that I carry with me to connect whilst out and in the home. Brilliant!