Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
pkochubei
My Carrier: 79185374371

too fast charging \ discharged battery ((

As the figure shows the battery too fast charging is not possible. It also quickly runs up to 60%.
Just bought a new Playbook, OS 2.1.0.1088. What to do? is it possible to change the battery on the PB?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
pkochubei

Re: too fast charging \ discharged battery ((

Wi-fi/BT disable, only game and reading pdf.  The battery is quickly discharged

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TroyTempest
My Carrier: 3

[ Edited ]

That vertical jump is typical when battery guru stops running for a while, like using another app in default or paused mode. Needs to be in visible background with pb in showcase mode. Even then accidents happen.

Battery is last component to come out at the end of total strip,  so no, battery replacement not routinely feasible.

Trouble with battery guru is it makes you worry whereas ignorance is bliss.

________
Please use plain text.
Contributor
pkochubei

Even if you do not use a third party program to check the battery, then you can visually see how fast the battery charging from 60 to 100% for about a few minutes, I saw with my own eyes on the screen Playbook.

All applications have been powered off and the process of charging, I watched myself. The more you can see how fast the battery discharge, nothing is not justified.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine

[ Edited ]

Where did you buy your PlayBook from? A retail store? Does your PB have a serial number and warranty? If it's brand new then you can get a new one by calling Tech Support and getting an RMA number to send in for repair. Otherwise you can search eBay for PlayBook batteries http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Original-Replacement-Battery-BlackBerry-Playbook-5400mAh-/170862706702?pt=PDA...

And then find on YouTube several videos on how to replace the battery (and screen even). I warn you, doing this yourself is a long process and you could damage things - it will definitely void your warranty.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYgyMtBD1ZI

If you really feel your battery is faulty then my advice is to call Tech Support and get it fixed if you're under warranty. Send them screenshots as proof. If it is not faulty, you will get it sent back to you. They might even charge you for it too so be sure it really is faulty.

Please use plain text.