Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: rogers

transfer epub files from sony reader/pc to playbook

I am having trouble transferring epub files from sony reader/pc to playbook and then finding them on the playbook after copying completed?  Please help!

Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64, Z-10, Q10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: transfer epub files from sony reader/pc to playbook

I just did this the other day for my wife, took some books that she purchased on her Sony Reader and moved them to her new PB. You need to download Calibre ( free) and also download software that will remove the DRM from the books that are on the Sony. I bought it from www.ebook-converter.com , was $29.95 US. I've read that there are also free ones out there but I went with this b/c it was mentioned in several posts. Go to your reader library on line, download the book, use the DRM and Calibre and then you'll have the file to transfer to your PB. You'll also need an e-pub reader, several on the Appworld, I used Book Reader.Of course I bought and paid for the Sony books so I see nothing wrong in just getting them to a devise that I want to read them on. This same process works for library books that you check out that have DRM enbedded. I Hope this helps.

New Contributor

Thanks for the info, but I do not know the termt DRM protection?
New Contributor

Thanks