Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
silvercrown
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Telus

update 1.0.5.2342 made it worse

Updated the OS late last week and the PB was working better than ever.  This weekend I got the update to .2342 and now I have lost BBM on my bridge and I can't get it to connect to my store wifi which is open.    The wifi problem is one I have had before, seemed fixed in the previous update.  Every other one of my devices here (Iphone 4, HTC Desire, Laptop computer, and Xoom tablet) are able to connect. 

Very frustrating. 

Any help out there?  

And again I ask, why is this so hard for RIM to get right?  I haven't had any of these troubles with the competitor's product. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
silvercrown
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Telus

Re: update 1.0.5.2342 made it worse

I did find a fix for the BBM thing... I had done an update on my phone and it seems to have rolled back the BBM to 5.0.1 

I just downloaded 5.0.3 from the app world and it now shows up in my bridge on the Playbook. 

Strange, though, that it would get a earlier version of bbm in an OTA update. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
titemini
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: bell canada

:Helpsmilie:  

I did the upgrade this week-end and I lost my Bridge function...  In fact, it seems to be pairing  nicely with my Torch but one you get in the BlackBerry Bridge page, any Icon you press, it shows up quickly and dissapear rapidly with a quick message ; "Inabl to start application Bridge Browser - Error Code 13".

I do get one message identical for Filebrowser, BBM, Contacts, Messages, Calendar, Memopad...

So I bought the PB mainly for the bridge function and now we lost it!

I hope we won't have to wait for a week to get the fixes...

Can we go back to the previous version?

Regards

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Delete both BT pairings on both devices and try to set up bridge again.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,894
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

titemini wrote:

Can we go back to the previous version?

That's not possible, but if what Knotty recommended does not resolve your issue, then on your BlackBerry smartphone, delete the Bridge application (Options > Device > Applications), reboot, then redownload Bridge to install.

And try the pairing again.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
titemini

Thanks for your suggestions but these steps do not resolved the issue unfortunately!

I did reboot and delete at least 10 times, desinstalled and reinstalled, still the same problem.

Maybe I can reload doing a factory reset, but I do not see this option anywhere.

Am I the only user with this issue?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

titemini wrote:
Thanks for your suggestions but these steps do not resolved the issue unfortunately!

I did reboot and delete at least 10 times, desinstalled and reinstalled, still the same problem.

Maybe I can reload doing a factory reset, but I do not see this option anywhere.

Am I the only user with this issue?

Did you download the correct bridge version or use app world to get it?

remove BT profiles from phone

remove bridge app from phone and pull battery while device is on.

remove bridge pairing from playbook and hold power button and vol key for 10 seconds.

after all rebooted, install bridge on phone

follow Bridge instructions on playbook

if that does not work, you can wipe the playbook in options security. Dont forget to backup your playbook before wiping as all data will be lost.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
chrispycrunch
My Device: Z10, Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: Rogers

To emphasize, you MUST reboot your phone (ALT + right shift + delete) to get the pairing working. Otherwise you'll spend an hour like I did trying to get that pairing code to popup then not disappear and not connect.

Once you're connected, notice that internet tethering is much faster too.
-----------
Chris --- http://www.twitter.com/chrispycrunch
-----------
Please use plain text.
Contributor
titemini

Hello Knottyrope

Thanks for your help but still the same problems after all your suggestions.

I did delete and reinstall Bridge on my phone via the App World.  It provides V1.0.0.93 for my Torch  6.0.2391.

When I follow the instructions on the PlayBook,  I am not able to scan the Barcode but it does send me the secret 6 digit code on the PlayBook that I retype on my phone and the pairing goes on.

So I did get the confirmation on both devices that the pairing works but when I press the BlackBerry Brige Menu  and select Calendar on my PlayBook, it does indicate in a small grey window "BalckBerry Bridge is Lock" then I see the Calendar goes on and it disappear rapidly and I get the error message "Unable to start application Bridge Calendar - Error code 13".

So I think I have tried every options, with so many Restart, reboot, bAttery removed etc,  so far unless you tell me that it exist another way to paired both devices.

Everything was working like a charm before I upgrade to 1.0.5.2342...

I think I will call RIMM support before I do a factory reset because a Facory reset will asked me to upgrade directly to 1.0.5.2342  I presume?

Regards

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

give suppoort a call to see if they can find anything wrong. No sense doing a wipe and getting same version

Please use plain text.