Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
Nealwf
My Device: 9700/playbook

Re: update 1.0.5.2342 made it worse

i had the same issue lost all the whole bridge suite... reloaded the bridge again but still wouldn't connect... then i found it was actually the bluetooth that was acting up... for some reason the 2 devices would not see each other through blue tooth... i went on my handset (9700) and removed all other options for bluetooth except for data transfer (found this solution on some site) anyways it worked and the 2 devices were finally able to see each other...

however if you see my other post today my playbook froze :smileysad:... its weird i have had mine since day 1... and have loved it no issues but this latest patch has just made everything fubared... maybe some beta testing before release of the next patch?

Contributor
titemini
My Device: playbook

I just spent 1.5 hour on the phone with support and they did not resolved the issue. While I was waiting on the line I was testing other options and I was able to access the Bridge Task menu, create a task, update on both Torch and PB.

So, my Bridge connection do work for sure since I do see my new mail notice every time a new E-Mail comes in but I cannot access them since the menu dissaprrear as soon as I open a BlackBerry Bridge application.

So I end-up sending a trace and I am waiting for a reply.
Contributor
titemini

I just download the new release 1.0.6.2390 and I am still having the same issue with Blackberry PlayBook Bridge.

So, I may have a lemon...

Will call Blackberry support again!
Contributor
titemini

I finally decided to wipe my PlayBook and reinstalled everything and it did fix the Bridge problems.

New Contributor
starf88
My Device: Playbook + Torch

I am having the same issues. Everything was working fine - then i started getting the spinning green circle but could read new mail. Tried the workaround offered in another thread about unmapping bluetooth settings on phone and reset. That seemed to make it worse - no bridge apps work now - code 13. Now I have tried KB 2x reconnect and no luck. Is a PB wipe the only soln?

Contributor
titemini

I did spend 1,5 hours with Rimm's tech support and wait for a fix for week and nothing...
I did not even resolved my problem with the latest release.
So for me, whiping the PB waz a quick solution thatbresolved my problems.
New Contributor
starf88
My Device: Playbook + Torch

I backed up my PB, wiped it out and started over. I did a restore. Then I attempted to activate the bridge to my Torch. It did not fix it. Wierd stuff happened - no bridge icons on the PB, it showed I had messages and when I tapped on the messages I got Spinning Circle of un-Responsive Execution - Wait of Death (SCREWD) again

Then I wiped it out again, wiped out Bridge on my Torch, and started over. Started from scratch on the PB and re-installed bridge on the Torch. Now it works.

I am now selectively performing a restore by restoring application data. I have recovered bookmarks etc. I may try restoring settings data if I feel brave... but now I have to reload all my media first.

I wish I knew how it got into this state in the first place...