Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

sineadhampson
My Device: playbook and handset

usb port not working - need data off and on to playbook

Ok heres the thing, nearly as soon as i bought the playbook the usb port stoppepd working and i was unable to charge / retrieve data / add data.

I purchased the magnetic charging dock and its worked a dream to charge it, however im stuck with still needing all my info off it, and also given thats its a 64gb playbook id like to be able to still use it.

Any one any idea where I can buy a new part??

or any other ideas on how to get data off or on would be fantastic

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,957
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: usb port not working - need data off and on to playbook

Without use of the USB port or connection... you can use WiFi media sharing on the PlayBook.

Wi-Fi Sharing

Complete the following steps to share files over a Wi-Fi connection for BlackBerry PlayBook:

1. From the BlackBerry PlayBook home screen, select the settings icon.
  2. Select Storage and Sharing.
  3. Toggle Wi-Fi Sharing to ON.
  4. Tap Properties to verify network identification information. (PlayBook name, password etc)
  5. From a Windows or Mac based computer on the same network as the BlackBerry PlayBook, navigate to the IP address of the BlackBerry PlayBook which can be found under Settings > About > Network.
    1. On a Windows computer, open the Run dialog box (shortcut of Windows Key + R) and type file:\\127.1.1.1 or \\127.1.1.1 (where 127.1.1.1 should be replaced with the actual IP address of the BlackBerry PlayBook)
    2. On a Mac computer, select Go > Connect to Server... and type smb://127.1.1.1 (where 127.1.1.1 should be replaced with the actual IP address of the BlackBerry PlayBook)
  6. Once the device is connected to the computer, navigate to the media folder which contains several sub-folders such as documents, music, photos, videos, etc, the BlackBerry PlayBook user can then move files between the computer and these folders.

Article ID: KB26068 How to transfer files to and from the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet and BlackBerry 10 smartphone

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
saugen48
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32GB

Re: usb port not working - need data off and on to playbook

or, if the files are not too large, consider downloading Bluebox on your BB and Dropbox on your computer..they are compatible...put files in one and retrieve on the other wirelessly

Gene
Please use plain text.