Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
jeannajustfine
My Carrier: telus

usb wont fit into port?

hi there, i am having problems connecting the usb cable into my playbook, it only goes in part way and then its like theres something blocking it. my playbook will not charge at all. It was working fine, now all of a sudden its not. any ideas???

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: usb wont fit into port?

can you post a picture of the USB port and the charger end?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info. SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

No Sleep Till BlackBerry 10, A BlackBerry Song by Lil E Click here to listen

See me at BlackBerry Fans Get Hands-On BlackBerry 10 Demo

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
dc-it
My Carrier: Telus

[ Edited ]

When you insert the plug in the BB logo has to be facing up.
I hope you didn't force it in the wrong end which would damage either tip of your charger or the connector in the PB.

DC-IT
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
reconeyes
My Carrier: shaw

It only goes in part way to facilitate the pb convertible case. I have had the same problem myself and believe it to be software related try restarting, it fixed the issue for me.
Please use plain text.
stamper
My Carrier: Bell

Re: USB wont fit into port?

Is there a fix for this issue? Unfortunately I have the same issue with my Playbook and my daughters. The USB cable only goes about half-way in (it is being inserted correctly, and we've tried multiple cables). Tried re-starting, and that did not work. Any help would be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lbonin17
My Carrier: AT&T

We are having the same problem with our playbook. It worked fine and we we able to charge it perfectly one day and the next the USB cable won't go all the way in.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately, there is no simple answer here or easy fix. It is an alignment issue caused by improper use of the USB cable when charging. There are no mechanisms (either physical or software) on the PlayBook that will suddenly not let you charge the device if proper use was followed. If you feel that rebooting the PlayBook fixed your device, go for it, but I can assure you that it was coincidental.

Something was either inserted wrong or is now bent, broken or limiting the normal action of the cable. If you have tried multiple cables without fixing then you can bet confidently that it is the USB port itself. The only solution at that point is to call technical support and see if you qualify for a hardware warranty RMA and send it in for repairs. Trying to fix it yourself is only asking for problems in my opinion and will definitely invalidate your warranty if you snap a pin off.

When looking at the cable from the "male" charging end you will notice that it has angled corners. These are always to go facing upwards/facing the ceiling when inserting the cable. The "teeth" on the bottom side go downward - always.

If the angled corners face downwards/the ground when inserting the cable then it will cause damage to the port. On an OEM BlackBerry microUSB cable, the BlackBerry B logo will assist you visually and will face upwards when inserting.You can think of it this way, The printed Blackberry logo on the actual bottom bezel of the PlayBook will be closest to the B logo on the microUSB cable - they "match" in a way. If they don't match, you're doing it wrong and risk damage to the port/cable.

If using a non-OEM cable then you will have to check what visible marks represent what is upward facing.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lbonin17
My Carrier: AT&T

How do I contact technical support??
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine

North America: Toll Free: 1-877-255-2377

UK Toll Free: 0808 100 7466

Europe: +44 1753 558400

Worldwide: +1-647-426-1108

Email: help@blackberry.com

I wouldn't email, but call. They can ask you related questions. They will ask you for your serial number and will help you find it if need be. It is on the bottom of the device itself to the left of the charging ports. You may need to pop the tablet out of a case to see it.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Jmarskie
My Carrier: Blackberry Playbook

Where to buy usb wires/charger? Im from Cebu, Philippines
Please use plain text.