Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
joelimar73
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: globe telecoms

very weak wifi signal after i change the battery

i recently change my playbook battery. everything seems perfectly okay except that i have a very weak wifi signal reception. i need to be very near the router just to have the signal. i dont know what went  wrong during the changing of battery process but everything is okay except the very weak wifi signal received. please help.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Re: very weak wifi signal after i change the battery

[ Edited ]

Did you reconnect the antenna? 

My Device: Two PB's

[ Edited ]

Looking at the photos in crackberry forum it's the white antenna cable, antenna is top RH corner as you look at the screen. There may be an antenna component inside the back (according to ifixit)  but the cable terminates in a little pcb possibly marked 3G.  Blue cable seems to be BT and grey is GPS. The TI chip supports all three functions, single cable for each. That is why 802.11n is only 65mbps.

Come back if that's not correct.

Thanks to crackberry and ifixit if it is.

My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: globe telecoms

i dont know what happened but i think i correctly connected all the antenna wires. I dont think that the wifi chips is dead because i have bluetooth and GPS. th only problem is that, i only have a weak wifi reception not the same before i change the battery.

Please use plain text.