Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
golby23
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

video chat with...

Its fine that the video chat only works playbook to playbook (i realize that cross-platform integration is hard) but it would be nice if video chat could work playbook to desktop or laptop that is logged into some portal (via bb ID) on blackberry.com. That way when I travel, I can still video chat with my wife and RIM doesn't need to worry about integrating with competitors.

or does that exist and i just cant find it?
Please use plain text.
Developer
cas118
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB

Re: video chat with...

It's just PlayBook to PlayBook for now.

This years BlackBerry releases will not have front-facing cameras, so I seriously doubt we'll see it on the phones until next year...

As for some desktop implementation, we can only hope. I wouldn't hold my breath, though.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Adobe Connect it supposed to work with it, there is a free trial in app world.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
xxxJTxxx
My Device: PlayBook

use the reelportal from bb appworld. isnt the most secured but it works. i do chat from pb to pc
Please use plain text.