Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32 gig
My Carrier: verizon.net

wi-fi file sharing password woes

I am trying to set up wifi sharing.  I get as far as clicking on the media folder after typing the playbook ip address into the command line, but then it asks for a password.

I have a user name and a password that I use for the app store.  That doesn't work.

I have tried every password I can think of.  I KNOW I did not use a different password.  I did not set up a password for file sharing in the playbook settings.  The default (playbook/password) does not work either.

What is up with this?  You cannot turn off file sharing password without the password. 

So if I did not set up a password, and the default does not work, what password is the darn machine expecting? This is maddening.

Contributor
My Device: Playbook wifi 64GB
My Carrier: none

Re: wi-fi file sharing password woes

When you turn on password protection for file sharing, you are asked to provide a password. If you have forgoten it, you will probably have to do a security wipe of your device to reset the password.

Caution, if you do a security wipe, do a backup of your device first if you want to retain any of your own data and settings.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

did you go into dev mode. there is a separate password their. did you try that.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32 gig
My Carrier: verizon.net

No. I went ahead and did the security wipe.  I decided it would be ok to start clean.

How do I go into dev mode? Can I find a password there? I am confused about that.