Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

nb1
New Contributor
nb1
My Device: playbook
Accepted Solution

wif problemsi

Hi,

Since my Playbook updated itself last week I am no longer able to ge my secure BT Home Hub 3 wifi connection.  It was connecting perfectly until then with no break down.  I am able to get a hotspot connection but as you know these are not secure.  I spent ages last night trying to remedy it by reading other posts, but Im not a techie and I need it in simple terms as to what to do. 

I had this as a prize just before xmas and I love it, but am gutted now especially as BBC i player on a free hotspot is slow and comes and goes, where as before It was contstant signal. So it does not make for enjoyabale tv

Please help.  I dont want to have to ditch it and get something else

Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860

Re: wif problemsi

The simplest thing to do is to reboot your router and PlayBook. This may solve the problem if you have not tried it. If it does not work, we can suggest more detailed things you can try.
nb1
New Contributor
nb1

Ok will try, but can you tell me how I reboot everything? I have not got a blinking clue as to what I should do?

Be very grateful for any tips.

nb1
New Contributor
nb1

ps does that mean just turn everything off and back on again?
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea

Unplug your router for one minute then plug it back in again. When that is done, on the PlayBook, tap the battery icon, top right corner, tap restart. Try the PlayBook after it restarts.
nb1
New Contributor
nb1

no luck.  it is still connecting to the BT wifi and not my own BThub3

Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea

Can you explain the difference between BT Wifi and BT Hub 3?
nb1
New Contributor
nb1

help!
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea

I take it that someone else did the initial setup of the BT Router. Is this one unit or is it two separate units?.
nb1
New Contributor
nb1

its 2 seperat units. BT is the main landline supplier for the United Kingdom BT wifi has hotspots you can log into if you are a broadband customer of BT. The Home Hub is a special unti to get fast fibre optic broad band. It seems I am not the only BT customer to have problems since Blackberry updated the PLaybook.