Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Visitor
My Device: playbook 64GB
My Carrier: ATT

won't charge and there is no red light

[ Edited ]

All,

I know this won't-charge thing has been repeated asked and answered but I don't see my specific situation mentioned before.

My 64GB playbook was bought last yr and worked smoothly till last week then battery suddently dropped to 10%. After a few reboot, it dropped again to 0%. And when I pressed the power button, the red light did flash.

So I hooked up with the default wall charger for 1 day. no charge. and the red light was GONE as well.

Now the PB is completely dead. When I plug in the wall charger, NOTHING happens. NO red light.

So I bought an official rapid charger from Amazon, hooked up for 1 day. nothing happens.

Press power button + Volume Up/Down for 20 sec, nothing happened.

The only thing I haven't tried is to hook up with laptop using the USB cable. I lost mine a while back and just ordered one from Amazon.

Anyone had similar problem?

LH

Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32
My Carrier: 3

Re: won't charge and there is no red light

If it's out of guarantee try the battery clip reconnect here. http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/PlayBook-Turn-on-but-won-t-charge/m-p/192...

________