Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
rockhammer
My Device: Bold 9900 & Playbook

yet another storage space question

apologies these have been asked by many in many different ways, but please indulge me...

1) is there a way to determine how much space the apps are taking up (other than counting the list in app world)?

2) I have blackberry desktop s/w 2.4.0 (build 16, mac version) installed just today - and STILL the bar down below that s/w still refuses to clearly delineate what % of storage used is pictures/movies/docs/etc - the ONLY thing it tells me is my music is 1.7GB. Does anyone have this bar working for them? it's not been working for me for basically a year for both my 16GB and 64GB playbooks.

3) according to this desktop s/w, I have 580.3MB free on my 16GB. But mac's finder tells me I have 2.07GB! who is right?! I guess I can only tell by dumping >580MB worth of stuff onto it? I think I have a similar problem with my 64GB.

4) Does anyone know if the best way forward is for me to wipe either device to get this cleared up?

Thanks.

Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Re: yet another storage space question

You won't get space used info for apps with Desktop or Finder as it's hidden, and it's generally v small anyway,

For App World apps, go to My World on the Playbook, and each app that you installed is listed with it's size, e.g. AIR Browser (501KB) Book Readder for epub...(2MB) etc.  If it's a standard bundled app you can't tell.

For sideloaded apps use the sideloading tool to find out (Chrome Browser with Playbook App Manager extension will give you that info in a list)

If you only have half a GB left in a Playbook I would backup,  security wipe and start again. It is not going to behave well with that amount of RAM left. 

My Device: Bold 9900 & Playbook

Re: yet another storage space question

thanks, jarviser.