04-24-2012 08:34 AM
We have a BESX 5.0.3 (Bundle 12) installed on a W2K8 R2 server, running correctly for now 5-6 months. The BESX is connected to an Exchange 2010 SP2 server.
Since last Friday, 04/24, 6 PM, BBY users are no more receiving emails. Nor calendars events, nor contacts. A total blackout, for all users.
The only coincidence we have is that we have created and affected an ABP (Address Book Policy) to all users Friday evening.
Now, we have stepped back, by desaffecting ABP to users, but problem persists.
We have installed the BES Resource Kit with the Reporting Tools, but we are unabled to understand logs and reports, and unable to find an error. How can we check the success/failure of BES to EXCHANGE ?
04-24-2012 10:21 AM
reboot BES and see if it works after.
Did you reboot exchange for your changes?
04-24-2012 11:12 AM
We have reboot BESX several times without any changes.
We have not yet reboot Exchange servers because there are a lot of people on them. This night...
However, how can we trace/debug this connection problem between BESX and EXCHANGE ?
04-24-2012 03:24 PM
look at MAGT mAST logs and see if any errors present
default location :\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerryEnterprise Server\Logs
Also look in event veiwer to seef if any errors or warnings pertain to your issue
Please post back the log info minus personal info
04-24-2012 03:42 PM
Thanks for advices.
We have a little more infos :
1) we have rebooted all servers (1 BES and 2 Exchange CAS and Exchange mailstores); but no changes,
2) affer several reboots, we have detected that "BlackBerry Mail Store Service" refused to start, with error code 5406. We have re-filled the MAPI Profile, applying "http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocume
3) now that "BlackBerry Mail Store Service" correctly starts, we have a lot of "MailboxManager::TestOpenMsgStore - OpenMsgStore (0x80040111)" in MAGT logs; we are currently checking that with IEMSTest.exe reports the same error. We don't know what to do now...
04-24-2012 03:46 PM
We also have in Events viewer the following errors :
MailStoreExchange::RefreshGALUsingMAPI - Error in HrFindExchangeGlobalAddressList, result=0x80004005.
(eventid = 10000)
This could be a clue to our problems, as we have applied ABP on users mailbox (no ABP on BESADMIN account, but on the end users).MailStoreExchange::RefreshGALUsingMAPI - Error in HrFindExchangeGlobalAddressList, result=0x80004005.
04-24-2012 03:54 PM
Could be permissions, what did you do for this ABP and what is it?
04-24-2012 04:11 PM - edited 04-24-2012 04:12 PM
For ABP :
- we have created 1 GAL per OU, restricted to OU objects, 1 RoomList, 1 empty AL, and 1 ABP for each OU, based on the previous objects,
- we have applied the ABP on each users,
- we have troubles on 1 OU, containing several users using BBY,
- we have nullified the ABP on these users; it seems (!!) that they have returned to Default GAL.
For the errors : we just have followed the KB19451, because we have discovered the 001e6602 string did not exist. But after stopping services, creating it, and restarting services, the string disappears...
For GC : DC are under Windows 2003, Exchange under Windows 2008.
04-24-2012 04:27 PM
The KB19451 is not very clear : does the 001e6602 string value must contains the global catalog FQDN or the CAS FQDN ? In both cases, when restarting the BB Mailstore service, the string disappears...
04-24-2012 04:36 PM
you are logged in as BESAdmin when making that change correct?