Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

New Contributor
My Device: Black Berry 10
My Carrier: Verizon

Account status is Inactive

Hi,

We have been using BlackBerry Push APIs to enable our customers to manage their corporate BlackBerry devices.

For over a month now (maybe more), the code for Subscription - SubscribeServlet - has started throwing exceptions saying that the account is inactive.

This is what shows up in the log files -

12-Aug-2013 02:53:29 ERROR
[net.rim.pushsdk.subscription.web.SubscribeServlet.performSubscriptionOper
ation : 184] :: http-bio-8180-exec-266 :: InvalidPushAppException caught
for appid=REPLACING_TEXT_IN_PLACE_OF_ACTUAL_APP_ID:
net.rim.pushsdk.pushappmgmt.InvalidPushAppException: Push Application is
inactive.

The servlet has been configured as-is, from day one in the application context and I can confirm that it has not been changed -

<servlet>
        <servlet-name>subscribeServlet</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>net.rim.pushsdk.subscription.web.SubscribeServlet </servlet-class>
    </servlet>

We are using pap-1.1.0.16

We logged into the admin portal -

https://cpadmin.pushapi.na.blackberry.com/mss/CP_login

and the status here for the app id says Active and is valid till Dec 31, 2030.

Can someone please help identify, what shall we be looking at? What could cause the APIs to start throwing an Account is Inactive message!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Account status is Inactive

What is the URL you are using on the server-side (please block out your CPID)?

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
New Contributor

Hi.

This is the URL we are trying to access

https://cpNNN.pushapi.na.blackberry.com/mss/PD_pushRequest

masked out the number that shows up after cp in the URL above.

Retired

Could you email me your push credentials, I will give them a try. My email is my forum handle at blackberry dot com

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
New Contributor

Hi.

Have sent over the details to your email address, please let me know if you need any other details.

Retired

I used the credentials you provided with my sample app and was able to query PINs and send a test push message without issue.

Is this still happening? If so could you please provide an example (in XML) of a message you're trying to send?

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
New Contributor

Hi.

I think this is still a problem - i pulled out the logs from our production servers and have pasted the latest snippet of the complete exception trail (as of 16:25 GMT). 

The call to the subscription servlet comes back with this exception.Were you able to simulate this call with your sample app.

Will need your help to understand what xml do we need to capture here and how can we do that. Please let me know.

23-Aug-2013 16:25:36 ERROR [net.rim.pushsdk.subscription.web.SubscribeServlet.performSubscriptionOperation : 184] :: http-bio-8180-exec-13 :: InvalidPushAppException caught for appid=NNN-NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN: 
net.rim.pushsdk.pushappmgmt.InvalidPushAppException: Push Application is inactive.
	at net.rim.pushsdk.pushappmgmt.PushApplicationServiceImpl.findByIdAndValidate(PushApplicationServiceImpl.java:202)
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor538.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
	at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:307)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:182)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:149)
	at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:106)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171)
	at org.springframework.aop.interceptor.ExposeInvocationInterceptor.invoke(ExposeInvocationInterceptor.java:89)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:204)
	at $Proxy136.findByIdAndValidate(Unknown Source)
	at net.rim.pushsdk.subscription.SubscriptionServiceImpl.validateSubscribe(SubscriptionServiceImpl.java:1812)
	at net.rim.pushsdk.subscription.SubscriptionServiceImpl.subscribe(SubscriptionServiceImpl.java:184)
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor537.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
	at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:307)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:182)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:149)
	at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:106)
	at org.springframework.aop.interceptor.ExposeInvocationInterceptor.invoke(ExposeInvocationInterceptor.java:89)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:204)
	at $Proxy137.subscribe(Unknown Source)
	at net.rim.pushsdk.subscription.web.SubscribeServlet.performSubscriptionOperation(SubscribeServlet.java:109)
	at net.rim.pushsdk.subscription.web.SubscriptionServlet.doPost(SubscriptionServlet.java:195)
	at net.rim.pushsdk.subscription.web.SubscriptionServlet.doGet(SubscriptionServlet.java:230)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:621)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:722)
Retired

I am able to push and retrieve a list of subscribed users without issue, this means your account is working as expected and is active.

I would like to see the XML you are sending to the PPG that is resulting in the below error.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
New Contributor

Hi.

Have emailed you a sample request data from one of our devices that is being sent to the SubscribeServlet