Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

Developer
Bullety
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Another application already listening for application ID

Dear,

In the simulator (and possibly the device, too, I did not try it) my application will automatically be executed at os boot.

I did not set up to automatically start my application in the configuration but it does.

My main method's class extends UiApplication and implemets PushApplication because I want the device to listen for push messages and deliver them to my application.

So I thought I will need to register my application for push messages via PushApplicationRegistry.

So in my main method, I call this code:

if (PushApplicationRegistry.getStatus(pad).getStatus() == PushApplicationStatus.STATUS_NOT_REGISTERED)
{

try {
PushApplicationRegistry.registerApplication(pad);
} catch (IllegalArgumentException e) { System.out.println(e.getMessage());
}

With the debugger, I see that this code will be executed when the application will be executed at device startup and when I manually start the application via the application icon.

Is this the correct way to register for listening for pushes?

Because my application always runs into the catch with this message:

"Another application already listening for application ID XXXXXXXXX"

But...what's then the PushApplicationStatus I will have to check for?

What's a good method to check if the application has been executed programmatically (at startup) or manually?

Because if the application will always be executed at startup, i do not need to make an instance of the ui - i do only need the ui if the application will be executed manually.

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Bullety

Please use plain text.
Developer
Bullety
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Another application already listening for application ID

I got the answer to my last question, how to check if the application is executed at startup or manually:

It's done by

if (ApplicationManager.getApplicationManager().inStartup())

But for the other questions, I am still searching an answer.

Please use plain text.