Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

New Contributor
panpanini
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Vodafone NZ
Accepted Solution

BB Push App not registering with RIM

I'm building a Push app on BlackBerry (5.0.0+) using UrbanAirship. 

I'm using the SDK and sample code that they provided, and up until about a week ago everything was working correctly, we were getting pushes sent from UrbanAirship to the device with great success. However, when I went to test it Monday morning (with no change to any code on the device), it now no longer works. I've tracked it down to the registerForService() method call in PushConnector.java, which calls PushApplicationRegistry.registerApplication(pad);

after this call, any checks to PushApplicationStatus.getStatus() return with pending.

any ideas whats going on here?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
mdandrea
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BB Push App not registering with RIM

Hi,

It sounds like it's not able to make a call out to register with the Push Service.

Has anything changed with the device?  The carrier plan on it, etc.?

Are you able to browse the Internet successfully?  And, do you see the BlackBerry logo in the top right corner?

Thanks,

Matt

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
panpanini
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Vodafone NZ

I don't think anything has changed on the device, still the same plan on the same carrier. I do notice that there is only 3G in the top-right corner, not a BlackBerry logo however. I would think it should have BIS coverage here though, as I'm in the same place I was when I tested it last

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
mdandrea
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

It won't work if the BlackBerry logo is no longer there.  The question is why was it there before but now...

Please use plain text.