Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

New Developer
My Device: 9000
My Carrier: airtel

BIS Push

hi all

Am a registered allaince member i wish to use Blackberry PUSH technology in my application , my application focusing both BES abd BIS users ,  i read about the tecnology but could not find any specfic communication systems i mean how this push reach my client throuh email or pinmessage? or what mecanisam they are using ?

.i got a HTTPPushDemo sample client from jde samples ..am not a bes user if i use deviceside=false parameter i cant hit a page then how can implement this technolgy in BIS devcies , give me our suggestions

Developer
My Device: Bold 9000

Re: BIS Push

Since you are a registered alliance member, you should sign up for the Blackberry Push Api service at http://na.blackberry.com/eng/developers/javaappdev/pushapi.jsp

Once registered RIM might provide you all the technical documentation as well all the sample applications required to implement the Blackberry PUSH service.

Also checkout the whitepaper on the above link.

You need to contact your network operator. Believe they can enable the BIS service on your phone.and then u can use the Blackberry Push Service over BIS.

New Developer
My Device: 9000
My Carrier: airtel

Hi prasad,

Thank you for response, now i got service from my network operator but there is no information about BIS push technology and acctully i signed up a month before i didnt get any response from them i must know how to send the push request from  my php server with out BES  please provide any samples if anyone knows..

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Bell

Did you sign up for the Push Service, ISV Program or both?

Note that the Push Service is not yet available to the public, but only to ISV Alliance Members.  The public release should be happening soon and once it does you'll see examples and documentation on how to use this service.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Bell

Documentation on the Push SDK can now be found here:  http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/subcategories/?userType=21&category=BlackBerry+Push+Service...

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker