Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

BlackBerry Push Service Evaluation environment upgrade Wednesday July 6th between 9AM - 11AM EDT

[ Edited ]

The BlackBerry Push Service evaluation environment will undergo an upgrade Wednesday July 6th between 9AM - 11AM EDT.  During this time, the push infrastructure will not be accessible to applications.  Note the maintenance window does not affect the production environment.

This update provides improved device error handling for confirmed pushes.  When making a confirmed push, the first failed push will no longer unsubscribe the device if the app port is closed.  Instead, the first failed push after 60 days of continuous failure will cause the device to be unsubscribed.  Please note that the 60 day delay for unsubscription also applies to all other errors such as the device being out of coverage.  In addition to the above change this release adds the following new response codes:

1500  The request has been accepted for processing, but daily usage is approaching quota limit.  Please contact RIM to discuss increasing your quota.

2500  The request has not been accepted for processing because the daily quota has been exceeded.  Please contact RIM to discuss increasing your quota.

4503  Unable to deliver to device.  Depending on the specific cause of the failure, resubmission of the push at a later time may succeed.

22006 When using Query Subscription Status API in Requested-PIN mode, the response contains more than 1,000,000 PINs.  Please use the Supplied-PIN mode instead.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Contributor
efung
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: BlackBerry Push Service Evaluation environment upgrade Wednesday July 6th between 9AM - 11AM EDT

Will this upgrade be applied to the Production environment at a later time as well? The improved device error handling for confirmed pushes will hopefully resolve issues we've had with users being unsubscribed unexpectedly.

MSohm

Re: BlackBerry Push Service Evaluation environment upgrade Wednesday July 6th between 9AM - 11AM EDT

Yes, this update will be applied to the production environment at a later date.

Mark Sohm

MSohm

This upgrade has taken longer than expected and is still in progress. I will post a note here when it is complete.
Mark Sohm

MSohm

This is now complete.  We apologize for the extended time it took to perform the upgrade.

Mark Sohm

New Contributor
marc-a
My Device: Torch

Hi Mark,

The BPAS accepts pushes again, that's much better than yesterday, of course!

However, the calls to the PD_subReg and PD_subDereg are failing very often because of timeouts and server errors.

Even after succeful registeration of devices, pushes still don't succeed for all devices. I observed this on devices connected via WIFI to the BlackBerry infrastructure. Other BIS-services like email work fine on those devices. The same problems were present also yesterday in the maintenance time, in a small time window when the BIS-Push services were partly up for a few hours before they dissapeared until late night. After midnight, when the service finally came up again, the pushes reached all devices fine.

So it seems, there are still issues with device registration and/or adressing pushes to clients connected to the BB infrastructure via BIS.

Best Regards,

Marc

MSohm

These should be resolved now.  Are you still having any issues?

Mark Sohm

Contributor
Tony_K

Hi Mark,

We're still having issues.

This is the error we are getting: PD_cpSubQuery command is not currently in service!

Tony K.

MSohm

Thanks for reporting this.  I have notified the team who looks after the eval push environment.

Mark Sohm

Contributor
Tony_K

Thanks Mark!