Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

Developer
ChernyshovYuriy
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook

Re: Blackberry 10 PUSH service

Thank you for the link, it help us to restore divice.
Now, with all data listed in first message, using our android app we start app, trying to register at blackberry server and sending request - there is no response, nor success neigher error. If You do need some private information, such as appId or e-mail of the signing key registered, please tell us. We do need to solve an issue with push ...
Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Retired
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

So you're saying it is now working less than it was at the start of the thread?

Are you using a signed build or debug build? If a debug build please try deleting then re-creating your debug token then try to test push again.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Developer
ChernyshovYuriy

Hi :-)
Yes, after we does a security wipe things changed to a negative side. We are using release build and let's focus on Android platform only. We send an app_id and ppgurl to the server and there is no response, we do not use wi-fi at the moment, only BIS sim card.
Please use plain text.
Retired
gbeukeboom

Please try enabling WiFi to see if that helps the situation. 

It may also be helpful to continue checking the logs on the device to see if any errors come back.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Developer
ChernyshovYuriy

We have on question: when configuring *.bar file in order to be signed, a push configuration file must have same name as *.apk file and located at the "android" folder of the *.bar file ?
Please use plain text.
Retired
gbeukeboom

It should be named androif.cfg and placed in the /android directory within the .BAR file. Check here for more details:

http://developer.blackberry.com/android/apisupport/creating_push-enabled_android_apps.html

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Developer
ChernyshovYuriy

Yes, of course we have read this article, but, when use command line tool to convert *.apk to *. bar file we have this error:
[<apk_file_name>.apk]:Missing PUSH configuration file: <apk_file_name>.cfg :impact=3
Thus we asking such question, we are trying to find any point to figured out a problem with push ...
Please use plain text.
Developer
ChernyshovYuriy

Also there are two strange messages in command line:

[<apk_file_name>.apk]:(AndroidManifest.xml) uses-permission: com.google.android.c2dm.permission.RECEIVE:required minimal Tablet OS version=10.0.9:impact=2
[<apk_file_name>.apk]:(AndroidManifest.xml) uses-permission: com.android.vending.BILLING:required minimal Tablet OS version=2.1:impact=3

The first one about push permissions, how apk2bar tool recognized an OS version we are gonna use?

Please use plain text.
Developer
ChernyshovYuriy

A link about push enabling tell's that "The Push Service requires that your signing keys have Push capability enabled" - how to confirm this, when ordering keys there are no words about push.
Please use plain text.
Retired
gbeukeboom

Push is now enabled for all signing accounts:

http://devblog.blackberry.com/2013/01/update-push-permissions-changes/

I am checking into the discrepency on naming the .cfg file and will update, thanks for the info!

Which version of the BlackBerry Android tools are you using?

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.