Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

New Developer
codesmith
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Push Acknoledgement API - capability to poll Blackberry to check for Message delivery ?

I understand that when the Push Initiator sends Push Message, we can send a NotificationURL that Blackberry uses to notify the Push initiator regarding the status of the message.

Can someone please let me know if I (Push Initiator) can poll the Push Proxy Gateway (Blackberry Infrastructure / Push Notification Cloud Server - Blackberry) to check if the push message actually got delivered to the Blackberry device ? Is this feature support by Blackberry PUSH API ?

Developer
bb_cladsa
My Device: 9000

Re: Blackberry Push Acknoledgement API - capability to poll Blackberry to check for Message delivery ?

You can send status query pap messages to the PPG and it should give you the status of the message.

New Contributor
nishi_nkm

Re: Blackberry Push Acknoledgement API - capability to poll Blackberry to check for Message delivery ?

Can any one proved the sample code for acknowledgement.

Developer
massimo_olive

Acknowledgements and status query are the two ways to find out the final status of your push - they are supported for the Push Plus service level only