Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

New Developer
My Device: BB 8820 - BB Bold 9700

Can't get the push example working, got exception: net.rim.pushsdk.commons.UnauthorizedException

Hi all,

I am new to Push Service and when I tried to follow the instruction from Push document to run the example application, I was getting this kind of exception in logs, what should I do to get it working?

net.rim.pushsdk.commons.UnauthorizedException: Unauthorized to push to URL: https://pushapi.eval.blackberry.com/mss/PD_pushRequest with username: xxxxxxx and password: xxxxxxx
	at net.rim.pushsdk.pap.PapServiceImpl.sendToPpg(PapServiceImpl.java:396)
	at net.rim.pushsdk.pap.PapServiceImpl.pushToPpg(PapServiceImpl.java:374)
	at net.rim.pushsdk.pap.PapServiceImpl.push(PapServiceImpl.java:144)
	at net.rim.pushsdk.push.PushServiceImpl.push(PushServiceImpl.java:296)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
	at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:307)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:182)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:149)
	at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:106)

I replaced the real username and password by xxx chars.

Thanks in advance.

--
pKt
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Can't get the push example working, got exception: net.rim.pushsdk.commons.UnauthorizedException

I got the same error message. RIM, please help.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Can't get the push example working, got exception: net.rim.pushsdk.commons.UnauthorizedException

I encountered exactly same problem with same error message suing push SDK,

Unauthorized to push to URL: https://pushapi.eval.blackberry.com/mss/PD_pushReq uest with username: xxx-xxxxx and password: xxxxxxx

We reviewed all setting and procedures and cannot find anything wrong. If any of you ever to use push SDK succesfully, please help!

Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Rogers

Did you add your push application to the SDK persistent store using the DebugPortal? What are you using to send the push message - DebugPortal or sample-app?

You should add your application to the SDK persistent store using the DebugPortal. Make sure you use push service id you received from RIM admin during registration in both the 'Id' and 'Username' input fields of the form are your push service id and of course the 'Password' form field matches the one given to you by your RIM admin.

Contributor
My Device: RIM 8310

...follow the instruction from Push document to run the example application...

Which document? Could you tell me please?

thanks

Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha