Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

Developer
Bullety
My Device: Z10

Can't get the sample-app from pushsdk work

Dear,

I can't get the sample-app (the server app) from the pushsdk to work.

The client sample app is running fine but when I try to run the server app, I always get this error from tomcat:

SCHWERWIEGEND: Allocate exception for servlet sample-app
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.rim.pushsdk.commons.PushSDKException
    at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1358)
    at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1204)
    at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1104)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:806)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:129)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:175)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
    at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:263)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:844)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:584)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I tried building it with the shipped build.bat and with eclipse but both failed.

Tomcat always gives this error.

Does anyone know about this error or how to fix it?

Best regards,

Bullety

Developer
Bullety
My Device: Z10

Re: Can't get the sample-app from pushsdk work

...and this is one error message later in the stack:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/rim/pushsdk/commons/PushSDKException java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method) java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Unknown Source) java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Unknown Source) java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source) java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source) org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102) org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:263) org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:844) org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:584) org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447) java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Developer
sonicboomboy
My Device: 8520

Do you have your Tomcat working? I mean if you launch in a browser http://localhost:8080 ,do you see the Tomcat welcome screen? How did you install Tomcat, together with BB Push SDK or separetely.

I  had similar errors while trying to launch the sample apps (debog-portal, sample-app) from BB Push SDK.

The way I solve it was following carefully all the steps provided in BlackBerry Push Service SDK "Getting started guide". ch8 "Configuring the server-side applications".

Hope it will help you.

Got resolved! Press kudo icon!
New Contributor
chrisdn
My Device: 8900

I followed the pdf guide step by step. However, I still get the following error in the tomcat log file:

5-Apr-2010 2:50:54 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO: Initializing log4j from [classpath:/log4j.xml]
5-Apr-2010 2:50:54 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO: Initializing Spring root WebApplicationContext
5-Apr-2010 2:50:56 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext listenerStart
SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'registerListeners' defined in class path resource [acknowledgement-context.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.springframework.transaction.CannotCreateTransactionException: Could not open JDBC Connection for transaction; nested exception is org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Error preloading the connection pool
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1338)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:473)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory$1.run(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:409)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:380)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:264)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:222)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:261)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:185)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:164)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:423)
    at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:728)
    at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:380)
    at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.createWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:255)
    at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:199)
    at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java:45)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3934)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4429)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:791)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:771)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:526)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory(HostConfig.java:987)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectories(HostConfig.java:909)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:495)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1206)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:314)
    at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1053)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:722)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1045)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:443)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:516)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:710)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:583)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:288)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:413)

Does anyone have any clue on what might go wrong?

Developer
sonicboomboy
My Device: 8520

I think it's connected to MySql database. Have you installed it? Does the corresponding mysql service run correctly?

Got resolved! Press kudo icon!
New Contributor
chrisdn
My Device: 8900

I struggled with the error for days, uninstalling and installing mysql server serveral times. I even tried the oralce database, but got the same error. And suddenly after I had reinstalled the BPSS, everything worked just fine. Now I am about to test the push service on a real BB.