Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

New Contributor
My Device: developer
My Carrier: developer

Cascades push collector: error 10002

Hi,

I've downloaded and installed Cascade's Push Collector sample application and run it from "BlackBerry Native SDK".

Application is working but when I choose "Enterprise/BDS" mode in config and press 'Save' it says: 'Error: unable to create push session (Error code: 10002)".

This is what the documentation says:

InvalidProviderId = 10002
Indicates an invalid provider application ID.

This result code can occur from any of the following PushService operations: createSession(), createChannel(), destroyChannel() (only if using public/BIS PPG).

Recommended action: When you receive this code, fixing the application ID programmatically and retrying might correct the issue. The provider application ID is passed in to the PushService constructor.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Nick

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Cascades push collector: error 10002

Hi Nick,

So, you're trying to create an enterprise app is that right?

Because that error code is only really applicable to public/BIS.

Matt

New Contributor

Hi Matt,

Actually I downloaded a sample application from Cascades (http://downloads.blackberry.com/upr/developers/downloads/sampleapps/cascades/pushCollector.zip). This link is given here: http://developer.blackberry.com/cascades/documentation/device_comm/push/developing_a_push_enabled_ap...

In the application I switched the mode to 'Enterprise/BDS' and clicked 'Save'.

That's it :smileyhappy:

Thanks,

Nick

Retired

Hi Nick,

For the Push Collector sample to work for enterprise, it has to be installed in the work perimeter through your BES 10 (BDS).

Otherwise, it's still considered a public/BIS app.

Matt

New Contributor

Hi Matt,

Well, I have BES 10 installed on my machine and a device connected to it using USB.

Don't they have the same working perimeter? Or I need additional configuration?

Thanks,

Nick

Retired

Hey Nick,

You have to push your application to your work perimeter through the BES itself.

Your device should have two perimeters if it's on your BES.  A "Personal" one and a "Work" one.

You can see that there are two perimeters if you drag your finger on the main screen (from about the middle of the screen) down.

What device are you using by the way?

Thanks,

Matt

New Contributor

Hi Matt,

I'm using Z10 Dev Alpha B :smileyhappy:

I'll search for "Personal" and "Work" perimeters and try switching between them tomorrow and let you know about results.

Thanks a lot for help!

Regards,

Nick

New Contributor

Hi Matt!

As far as I understand I need to have a user in BES associated with the device to be able to to switch between Work and Personal spaces. Is that right?

Basically I just want to send a simple push notification to any sample application working on BB10. And make sure that my old push initiator code for BB6 and 7 still works and I don't need to make any changes.

I've read somewhere on this forum that push request format for BB10 is backward compatible with old versions, but I have to check it on working example.

Regards,

Nick

Retired

Hi Nick,

Yep, your Push Initiator should be able to work with BB10.

Just to make sure I understand correctly, are your other apps designed for work/enterprise or just the general public?

Thanks,

Matt

New Contributor

Hi Matt,

The apps are for public and will use BIS. But during development and testing I'm using (trying to use) BES.

BTW, I gave up trying to send a push notification. It would be great if there was some step-by-step instruction on how to send a push notification using BES available.

Thanks for help :smileyhappy:

Thanks,

Nick