Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

New Contributor
PDappula
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: TELUS
Accepted Solution

Device not receiving push after switching from Eval to Production

The device stopped receiving push messages after updating with production push credentials.

We have updated the production credentials in our mobile app and server. The mobile app is registering successfully and receiving the push token, the server is also getting successful responses when we send push to the devices. I have checked that our application is Active in the Content Provider Admin Portal as well.

We are using the push services SDK and we didn't made any changes to the code, other than replacing the evaluation credentials with production push credentials

Thanks

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
whoang
My Device: Blackberry 10 - Dev Alpha B | Blackberry Playbook | Blackberry Torch 9810
My Carrier: BELL Canada

Re: Device not receiving push after switching from Eval to Production

Hello @PDappula,

Do you have a storage record containing the attributes of the push-enabled application in the system memory?

If so, may consider trying wiping the old Evaluation data off first.
William Hoang

Application Developer Advocate | Developer Relations
BlackBerry

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
PDappula
My Device: 9900

Hi @whoang, we have completely uninstalled the application with evaluation credentials and installed the app with production credentials. Also, there is no storage record wtih evaluation data.

When we use the Evaluation credentials, the server gets a failure response as expected, as the evaluation credentials expired. However, when we change that to production credentials we get a success response but the push is never received by the device.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
peterymyong
My Device: Torch 9810

After the server sent the message to RIM Push Server,  rc=1001 (i.e. "The request was accepted for processing.") was returned. However, app on BB did not receive the push message. 

Our server communciated with RIM Push Server via https://cpxxx.pushapi.na.blackberry.com, where xxx is the production CPID.

Please use plain text.
mdandrea
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi,

A few questions for you guys:

1. You mentioned using the Push Service SDK.  Are you using the low-level or high-level APIs?  If you're using the high-level APIs, what database are you using to store data?

2. The mobile app (push-enabled application) on your device.  Is it a BlackBerry 10 app or a pre-BlackBerry 10 one?  And, if it's BlackBerry 10, what development platform did you write it in i.e. Cascades, WebWorks, or AIR?

Thanks,

Matt

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
peterymyong
My Device: Torch 9810

Hi Matt,

The app was developed for BB (i.e. not BB10). In further testing, I was able to receive push message onto the device. However, not 100% reliable. In other words, some time the device received the push notification but most of the time it did not. I did not change the app's code nor our server code. This gives me confidence that the issue may be on RIM Push Services Server or network. I am not sure what else I can do to improve the reliability of push message delivery.

Your advice is much appreciated.

Peter

Please use plain text.
mdandrea
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi Peter,

If you send me a private message with your push application ID and the URL you are trying to push to we can take a look, but I know other push applications in production seem to be working fine.

Thanks,

Matt

Please use plain text.
whoang
My Device: Blackberry 10 - Dev Alpha B | Blackberry Playbook | Blackberry Torch 9810
My Carrier: BELL Canada

Hello @PDappula,

We have extended your Evaluation credentials. May you verify that the issue is reproducible using the Evaluation credentials?

Upon verifying the issue, a suggestion is to view if the PIN that supposedly targeted is actually registered for the service.
Eg. Performing a query on the subscription: http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/25167/Code_sample_subscriptionquery-message_12...

William Hoang

Application Developer Advocate | Developer Relations
BlackBerry

Please use plain text.