Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

Developer
Curahee
My Device: z30

Differences of quality of service

Hello developers

I am diving into the documentation provided by BlackBerry and something is not clear to me.

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/51382/pap_ref_quality-of-service_603619_11.jsp

So I understand that when the QOS is set to confirmed, the device will notify the PPG only if the message was received by the application.

But what about the others. Wat about preferconfired, unconfirmed and not specified? It looks like the documentation says that they all do the same. They notify the PPG only if the messages was received by the device. Is that true, are those three quality of services the same?

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Retired
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Differences of quality of service

There are 2 services: Push Plus and Push Essentials. 

Push Plus:

• Paid service
  • Low monthly push quotas
  • Push info stored in BlackBerry Database so can be queried after the push is sent
  • ACK can be sent to your server if push received at app or device or not at all

Push Essentials:

• 100% free
  • High push quota
  • Push info not stored in BlackBerry Database so cannot be queried after sent
  • ACK can be sent programmatically from your app with just a few lines of code

Push Essentials is what is used by about 99% of apps today, the added cost of Push Plus and lower quota really only gets you the ability to query the Push after it has been sent.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.