Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

EVALUATION PUSH SERVICE works on PRODUCTION CLIENT CREDENTIAL

Hi,

I think there is a bug in your Push Service Essentials... I have gotten approval to use the production version of the Push Essentials Service. After updating the credentials from evaluation to production( on both client and server) it appears that the PRODUCTION service is CURRENTLY DOWN. I reverted back  to the Evaluation credentials on the SERVER to test that the EVAL SERVICE is functional and it was.

The ODD thing about this is that a notification was recieved right after initiating a PUSH using the EVAL SERVICE. I double checked the client code and I am in fact using the PRODUCTION CREDENTIALS...

Is this something that suppose to happen? 

could it be that even though I have been approved My service is YET to be formally initiated?

How could I have recieved a notification when both CLIENT and SERVER have DIFFERENT application I.Ds?

I note that the only simalarities between the EVAL and PRODUCTION Push Services is the Port and the Client PPGL. Could the BUG be something to do with that?

Please advise.