Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

dsc
Contributor
dsc
My Device: Dev Alpha B
My Carrier: none

Re: Error 10110 after CreateChannel

Ok. I'll do this as sson as the error occurs.

But two more questions:

1. You say create channel should not be called on every startup. Does this also apply to create session?

2. How should one decide if to recreate session and/or channel on startup. Is there any logic?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Sessions should be created every time the app is run, these are local.

Channels are the registration with the BlackBerry servers, these should typically persist for the lifetime of the application. You may want to recreate every so often though (weekly, monthly) just to ensure it is always available.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
dsc
Contributor
dsc
My Device: Dev Alpha B
My Carrier: none

[ Edited ]

Ok. So we don't have to re-create the channel!

But what about the error 10110 SubscriptionContentNotAvailable. We got this error and maybe because of recreating the channel at every app start. Is this possible? What exactly does this error mean?

Please use plain text.
mdandrea
My Carrier: Rogers

I would not think that you would be getting a 10110 error even if you were doing it on every application startup.  

But, try reducing your create channel call and see if it helps.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, if you would like us to investigate the 10110 error further we do need some logs as we have not seen this behaviour in our testing environments.

1.     In the QNX Momentics IDE, in the Target Navigator view, right-click the device target. ClickLaunch SSH Session.

2.     In the terminal that appears, do one of the following:

a.     To view the current slogger2 logs, type slog2info.

b.    To view real-time output for the processes that are being debugged (for applications that are running in development mode), type slog2info -w.

c.     To view help information on slogger2, type slog2info -h

ssh to the device and run:

slog2info > /tmp/slog2.txt and then send the slog2.txt in a private message to me

Also, run:

sloginfo > /tmp/sloginfo.txt and then send the sloginfo.txt in another private message to me

Thanks,

Matt

Please use plain text.
mdandrea

I think I mentioned it in an earlier post as well.  A 10110 error basically means an issue with the PPG itself or with the PPG URL you are specifying.  The production BIS PPG seems to be working fine, so it would imply an issue with the PPG URL you are hardcoding.  However, you say that sometimes it successfully creates the channel, so that theory goes out the window too.

That's why we needs the logs to see what's going on with your app. :smileyhappy:

Matt

Please use plain text.
marco_dicesare

We will cotact you offline to help get this debugged, we may want to try your application ourselves so we can help get this resolved quicker.

Typically a 10110 after a create channel indicates a server error response from the BlackBerry Push Service during the registration call - however, this is very rare so there may be another reason in your case.

Please use plain text.
Developer
igbb
My Device: Not Specified

Did you get an answer to this? I'm seeing the same error all of a sudden.
Please use plain text.
mdandrea

All of a sudden?  Create channel has started failing for you while it was successful before?  You shouldn't be calling createChannel every time your application starts up.

Please use plain text.
Developer
igbb
My Device: Not Specified

I'm not calling it every time. What actually has happened is I've moved from using the the Push sample to my own application. It won't create a channel for my application, and now when I go back to using the Push sample application that was working, I get the same error.
Please use plain text.
mdandrea

Has your PPG URL changed at all?  Without revealing the actual content provider ID, could you please show me what you're using in your call to createChannel.

Thanks,

Matt

Please use plain text.