Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

New Contributor
Pedro_dev
My Device: Developer
Accepted Solution

Error 401 when switching from evaluation to production environment

Hi,

We've recently moved our application from evaluation to production environment using the credentials provided by BB Push Services, only to find out that we receive a "HTTP Status 401 - Invalid PushServiceId/Password in the Authorization HTTP header" whenever we try to send a push notification.

We haven't change our code (which is working fine using evaluation data) at all except for substituting the credentials. We are using the URL https://cpxxx.pushapi.na.blackberry.com/mss/PD_pushRequest for sending our push notifications, where xxx is the CPID provided by BlackBerry, and we are definitely using the password for the push initiator (as opposed to the password for the content provider portal).

Needless to say, we are base64 encoding the app id and the password in the header, and as I mentioned if we switch back to the evaluation environment (changing the credentials) everything works fine.

This is becoming a showstopper, I would appreciate some help if anybody has faced a similar problem.

Retired
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Error 401 when switching from evaluation to production environment

I'd recommend emailing BlackBerryPushServices@rim.com to get your credentials and App ID verified.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
New Contributor
Pedro_dev
My Device: Developer

Re: Error 401 when switching from evaluation to production environment

That was it. It is working with the new credentials.

Thanks.