Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

Contributor
anujoshi
My Device: Curve 8320

Error: Configuring server-side application of sample-app

Hello,

I am trying to run server side application of sample-app. I get following error:

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Invalid bean definition with name 'registerListeners' defined in class path resource [sample-app-context.xml]: Could not resolve placeholder 'sampleapp.appid'

I did refer to previous posts on the same issue and implemented the suggested solutions.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Push-Development/Push-Service-SDK-fails/td-p/48147...
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Push-Development/Push-Service-SDK-fails/td-p/48147...

However, error persists.

Some things to note:

- I am using BIS as PPG. I completed the registration process with RIM past 3 weeks. However, I havn't received the app ID yet. Hence, I am using the app ID which one of my team members got for now. Will this be an issue ?

- Is the app ID format "xxx-xxxxxxxxxx" with reference to previous posts? Because, my app id has 4 characters followed by a "dash" and rest of the part of it.

- I did verify that all the configuration files are updated with the actual app id (removing the braces and $ sign.

Please guide me on this.

Thanks,

Anuya

Developer
anicangu
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Error: Configuring server-side application of sample-app

[ Edited ]

Replace ${sampleapp.appid} in the sample-app-context.xml file removing braces and $ symbol by your app id.

My app id format is XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX total are 23 characters including the -.

Contributor
anujoshi
My Device: Curve 8320

Thank you for reply.

I could resolve previous issue.

I installed both push server and push enabled application successfully. However, when I am trying to push the contents, I get following error:

“Unauthorized to communicate with the PPG at URL: https://pushapi.eval.blackberry.com/mss/PD_pushRequest with username and passowrd"

I would appreciate any help on this.

- Anuya

Developer
massimo_olive

Which helper app are you trying to use to push with?

You must have entered the wrong username and password for the PPG. The username should be your application id and the password was provided to you by RIM in the registration email.

New Contributor
riousdelie

hai massimo_olive,

i have same problem right now, "Unauthorized to communicate with the PPG" error..

from this thread, the solution is to get a new push evaluation credentials from RIM.. but i have tried twice, and keep getting that result..

i have confirmed that the username and password put on the server and client side already match the ones from RIM's email..

is there anything i miss, please help.

thank you..

i have tried twice to get the credentials from RIM, but still getting that message and cannot push to the device..

please help..
Developer
massimo_olive

When you initiate the  push from your server make sure you Base64(appId/serviceId:smileytongue:assword) before sending the push message.  Are you using the SDK which already does this for you? Make sure you are using the correct values from the email RIM sends you as the credentials to push. Don't get confused with the portal username/password - those are not hte ones used to push with.

New Contributor
mgvaldes
My Device: 9000

Hey!, did you came up with a solution for this?, I'm getting the same error for some time now. The curious thing is that I've used this credentials correctly before, but all of a sudden they stopped working.

Developer
massimo_olive

I will guarantee you didn't replace the token in the sample-app-context.xml file. Double and triple check.

Developer
hiral

Hey there, I am also stuck with the same issue! It was working fine previously but now  the sample-push-initiator application says

"ERROR: Unauthorized to communicate with the PPG at URL: https://pushapi.eval.blackberry.com/mss/PD_pushRequest with username: xxxx and password: xxxx"

Urgently need help with this! Please rescue!! 

Contributor
livehappy
My Device: balck berry 9550

i have the same problem it was work well and 2day ago stop work with this error

Please correct the following error(s):

Unauthorized to communicate with the PPG at URL:  username or password

did they blocked my  id or what happ anyone help please