Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

Super Contributor
My Device: 9800 torch
My Carrier: Software Programmer

How can i get push notifications on all types of connections is it possible then how?

Hi Friends,

can anyone help me how to get push notifications on all types of connections like bis ,wifi,tcp,and etc.. is it possible i saw it in whats app messenger so any one please provide solution for this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

bh1r1th

Developer
My Device: Passport

Re: How can i get push notifications on all types of connections is it possible then how?

You need to implement this functionality yourself. Pushing to BIS and BES is similar but the other methods use similar APIs.   You need to understand how each method works and then develope your applicaiton in a sufficiently abstracted way to ring consistency to your methods for each mechanism.

In short you need to read and understand the documentation for each method and work from there.

Chris

Super Contributor
My Device: 9800 torch
My Carrier: Software Programmer

Re: How can i get push notifications on all types of connections is it possible then how?

Hi Crispyoz, Thanks for the replay.

Can u please provide the documentation for that.

Developer
My Device: Passport

The documentation for push is at:

https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/devzone/services