Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

How long to get approved for push API?

I started development on a Push API app, and applied for access over a week ago. During the process, it said it will take up to 2 business days, but it has now far exceeded that. I am an experienced developer with several successful apps using the same information, so it seems odd for them to hold off so long. I made sure to accurately fill out the form including correct IP addresses and application info. What am I missing? I was forced to implement the push part of the email using email in the interim but it is very troublesome since spam filters catch most of my mail which makes it difficult if not impossible for it to be delivered.

Thanks for the help and any experiences you can share.

Developer

Re: How long to get approved for push API?

I have succesfully tested my application using evaluation credentials and have since submitted an application for production credentials. Yet again, RIM has exceeded its 5 days and I have yet to hear anything. This is keeping my app stagnant and putting me at a competitive disadvantage. I have emailed appworldsupport@rim.com and also not heard anything.

Has anyone had any positive experiences for getting their application approved? I was sure to fill out the application correctly, and carefully followed the technical requirements outlined on that page.

Thanks!

Developer

It took me a week to get my IP registered Smiley Sad
Developer

This is very frustrating. Not only is this delay causing a competitive disadvantage, I am also running out of time to submit my app for the Super Apps challenge. It will be unfortunate if this app cannot be included just because the push approval took too long. I would appreciate even an email telling me an expected decision date or something of that kind. Instead, I have heard absolutely nothing and have no idea where my request stands.

New Developer

Epic, did you ever get your app id?

I just applied last Friday.  OK, it was a long weekend so it's not yet been 3 business days.  But I'd like to know how long I'm going to wait until I can do end-to-end testing.

Now here's a dumb question:  can I do end-to-end testing without an official app id from Rim?  When I set up my PushSDK, I plugged in a fake app-id filler string just so I could get on with the setup and write my application.

Now my application is ready for some testing and I'm not sure what more I can do.  Thanks for any advice and sorry if I've missed some moronically simple process of simulated push API testing.

BP

New Developer

9-10 app id received