Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

New Developer
My Device: 9000
My Carrier: T-Mobile

How to make Http Push Demo to work on Blackberry Device.

Hi ,

HTTP Push Demo Application:

Actually i got BlackBerry JDE Plug-in for Eclipse HTTP Push Sample Application PDF

from your site.

The Application works fine on simulator using MDS and steps provided in PDF available with me.

As the documentation mentioned the Application can be supported in device as well. Can you please provide me more details how to make this app working on device.

Should it required BES / BIS ? if so how exactly the Application can work using this?

Your help is highly required in time.

Thanks in advance
Gokul S

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Bell

Re: How to make Http Push Demo to work on Blackberry Device.

You will need to sign the application with code signing keys obtained from RIM before loading the sample application on a BlackBerry Smartphone.  You can order code signing keys from here:  http://na.blackberry.com/eng/developers/javaappdev /codekeys.jsp

The next step would be to configure the reliable push port (100 in the case of the sample) on your BlackBerry Enterprise Server.

After that modify the server side sample to connect to the IP address or server name of your BlackBerry Enterprise Server (it currently points to localhost).

Then run the sample and watch the push arrive.  :smileyhappy:

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker