Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
marco_dicesare
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Java server side Push initiator API JARs not providing source code

@dlmiles - Re: the NotificationServlet class:

The NotificationServlet is responsible for handling result notifications. It extends the BasicNotificationServlet class. The only functionality this class provides is to provide an instance of PapService that will be used to process the notification; in this case this class returns the bean referenced by name “acknowledgementPapService”.

The BasicNotificationServlet class is an abstract servlet responsible for handling notifications.

The BasicNotificationServlet servlet calls the receiveNotificiation() method of the PapService implementation returned by the abstract getPapService() method. The default bean implementation provided for the PapService interface (i.e. PapServiceImpl) unmarshals the result notification message and calls the onNotification method to hand over the ResultNotification object for further processing. The servlet sends a PAP response to the PPG to confirm acceptance of the result notification.

In order to perform custom actions on result notifications, extend this servlet and implement the abstract getPapService() method such that it returns a PapService which implements onNotification(). The servlet must then be deployed in a servlet container and be reachable at the result notification URL provided in a push request.

It is recommended that the implementation of PapService returned by getPapService() extend the provided PapServiceImpl default implementation and simply implement the onNotification() method.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dlmiles
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Java server side Push initiator API JARs not providing source code

Thanks for the replies.

It was not clear to me the *-sources.jar existed so that is useful to see how the examples/demos integrated with the black-box parts.  So this is good to see how we are expected to work our application around the SDK JAR parts.

I am using Java & Spring in my environment and whilst I think I only need the low-level API I can see a number of features in the high-level API that I would just have re-implemented.

So I have an interest in assessing the high-level API but I think the life of it will be cut shorter due to lack of source (and maybe lack of BSD like license for the bits we find we need to modify) to understand, agree and verify the internal implementation is fit for (our) purpose.

Thanks again all I'll keep working with the notes and links from this thread.

Please use plain text.