Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

Contributor
Start_Workflow
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700

Message Preview Problems

Hi to all,
first I want to thank any answer.

I have successfully developed a push-enabled application and the server. I can send and receive push messages.
Now my problem is with the folders in the status bar.

I can create folders and attach listeners to open the application by clicking on a message.

In this way I create the folder:

ApplicationDescriptor daemonDescr = ApplicationDescriptor.currentApplicationDescriptor();
ApplicationDescriptor mainDescr = new ApplicationDescriptor(daemonDescr, FOLDER_NAME, new String[] {});
ApplicationFolderIntegrationConfig config = new ApplicationFolderIntegrationConfig(true, true, mainDescr);
folder = ApplicationMessageFolderRegistry.getInstance().registerFolder(FOLDER_ID, FOLDER_NAME,new ReadableListImpl(),config);

folder.addListener(PushLibFactory.getApplicationMessageFolderListener(), ApplicationMessageFolderListener.MESSAGES_MARKED_OLD , mainDescr);
folder.addListener(PushLibFactory.getApplicationMessageFolderListener(), ApplicationMessageFolderListener.MESSAGE_MARKED_OPENED , mainDescr);
folder.addListener(PushLibFactory.getApplicationMessageFolderListener(), ApplicationMessageFolderListener.MESSAGE_DELETED , mainDescr);
folder.addListener(PushLibFactory.getApplicationMessageFolderListener(), ApplicationMessageFolderListener.MESSAGE_MARKED_UNOPENED , mainDescr);

And in this way I'm adding another message:

MessageNotificationStatusBar message = new MessageNotificationStatusBar("", SUBJECT, BODY, TIMESTAMP);
folder.fireElementAdded(message);

Well, so far it works and it triggers the method:

public void actionPerformed(int action, ApplicationMessage[] messages, ApplicationMessageFolder folder) {
this.getApplication().requestForeground();
}

This all works, but when I click on a message in the status bar and I opened my application also opens the message preview. How could cancel the message preview?

Best Regards.

Please use plain text.
Retired
mdandrea
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Message Preview Problems

Hi,

As this doesn't seem push specific, you might get a quicker response on the Java development forums:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/bd-p/java_dev

Thanks,

Matt

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Start_Workflow
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700

Re: Message Preview Problems

Thank you very much for the information, I will post there.

Please use plain text.