Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

Regular Contributor
IpiRon
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: verizon
Accepted Solution

PPG status says 'UNSUBSCRIBED'

Newbie here. I have installed the sample SDK apps successfully and have been playing with them for several days. I successfully sent a push a couple of hours ago. I now send pushes which say they are successful but they never make it to the device. I've checked the PPG user status and it now says 'UNSUBSCRIBED'. I've executed the 'Resume' from the sample client app and it says that it was successful but I still see 'UNSUBSCRIBED' and do not receive any pushes. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
marco_dicesare
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: PPG status says 'UNSUBSCRIBED'

You can't resume an unsubscribed subscription, only a suspended subscription. Therefore, if it says you are unsubscribed try to initiate a new subscribe call.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
IpiRon

I'm not sure how to 'subscribe'. On the sample client app the menu only contains:

View Messages

Switch Application

Register

Un-Register

Suspend

Resume

View Log

Settings

I've tried all of them and my status at PPG is still UNSUBSCRIBED. (I thought the register/unregister would be the one).

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
marco_dicesare
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

From the devie, first do an unregister to clear any device state,  then do a register.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
IpiRon

Well it works today!. We tried it several times yesterday and although the sample client app returned that the unregister/registers were successful, the status at PPG was still UNSUBSCRIBED and pushes did not work.

I had checked the status this morning just moments before receiving your post and it was still UNSUBSCRIBED

We were just getting ready to delete the app and re-install thinking that the 'subscribe' was something that occurred during the app installation. I did the unregister/register after reading you post and viola it is not working.

Not sure what the issue was yesterday afternoon. I have another analyst up in Canada who was experiencing issues as well. We are both using the same debug-portal with our client apps.

As we all know, everything works when the analyst is watching! Thanks for your prompt help.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
IpiRon

OOPS, typo above should be:

voila, it is now working!
Please use plain text.