Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

Visitor
rle50933
My Carrier: Vodafone

Push BIS/BES; Error "net_rim_bbapi_push has attempted to open an internal connection which is not allowed by your IT policy"

[ Edited ]

I’m developing a webworks os 7 app with push.

We are using Urban Airship to deliver our messages to a lot of different apps on iOS and Android and now on BB too.

But on some BB devices (not all) the users are getting:

"The application net_rim_bbapi_push has attempted to open an internal connection which is not allowed by your IT policy"

(Actually they are getting the german translation.)

The transport list gives the following: TCP Cellular Wap 2.0 Wap 2.0 Bis B MDS MDS

This is the code grabbed from your website, slightly modified:

var transports = blackberry.identity.getTransportList();

var trans = "";

var bes = false;

for (var i = 0; i < transports.length;i++) {

if (transports[i].type == "BES") {

alert("You are registered with a BES");

bes = true;

}

trans+= " " +transports[i].type;

}

alert("transports:" + trans);

if (bes){

var ops = {port : port, wakeUpPage : 'index.html', maxQueueCap : max};

blackberry.push.openBESPushListener(ops, onData, onSimChange);

}

else{

var ops = {port : port, appId : appId, serverUrl : serverUrl, wakeUpPage : 'index.html', maxQueueCap : max};

blackberry.push.openBISPushListener(ops, onData, onRegister, onSimChange);

}

I tried to check if there is an BES transport available. If so, openBESPushListener should be called otherwise openBISPushListener.

The questions are:

1. Why the error comes up, if there is no BES transport and openBISPushListener is called
  2. If the transport list would count „BES“ openBESPushListener would be called, would the code work  ?
    1. I don’t understand how the push message will be delivered in a BES-scenario, must the BES to be configured somehow?
    2. What is the role of the port in the BES scenario, is it right, that it should be the same as with BIS like in your example of your website?
  3. Could there be something configured incorrectly on that devices?
  4. Or are the devices in a BES scenario although the transport list does not count it?
  5. If the app will be published in app world, can BES-only-devices install them just like that?

I made the registration for BIS. Should i have done that for BIS+BES?

Could this be the problem for the error?

If so, is it possible to change this configuration detail (BIS to BIS+BES) for this app?

Thank you very much for helping me out.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
mdandrea
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Push BIS/BES; Error "net_rim_bbapi_push has attempted to open an internal connection which is not allowed by your IT policy"

Hi,

Do you know if these users are on a BES that allow them to access work emails, intranet websites, etc.?

Push needs to make an HTTP request so it's probably being blocked by the BES settings.

Matt

Please use plain text.