Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

Visitor
My Device: Bold

Push Notification

Hello All,

I'm new in BB development and i wanna make a sample application clinet and server side to push and pull notifications. I've registered with BlackBerry and recieved my info to test but i can not get any instructions to start any samples of server side and client side. Please help me

Thanks.

Retired
My Device: Blackberry 10 - Dev Alpha B | Blackberry Playbook | Blackberry Torch 9810

Re: Push Notification

[ Edited ]

Hello @muhammadsadek

The server-side push application called, "Push Initiator" will send push messages to BlackBerry10 clients with the client-side having a "Push-enabled application" to receive the messages.

The Push Initiator may be further investigated  by looking at the Push Service SDK [PDF]

There is a great blog piece on client/server-side for push application process across BlackBerry10 platforms by @gbeukeboom and also one by @alexkinsella64 on writing client-side Push-Enabled Applications using Push for HTML5/WebWorks  I recommend taking the time to read and sample the content as well as explore the Push resource links mentioned within the articles.  

Sample applications demonstrating the Push Notification client/server framework  for your Platform of choice:

BlackBerry HTML5/WebWorks

Cascades

AIR

William Hoang

Application Developer Advocate | Developer Relations
BlackBerry