Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

New Contributor
My Device: Developer

Push Notifications not arriving

Hi,

We have a PHP push initiator, and although it has successfully sent notifications in the past, currently we only get 1001 accepted for processing and nothing at the device.  Here is an example push:

Request:

--mimeBoundaryStringSeuiTyr
Content-Type: application/xml
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE pap PUBLIC "-//WAPFORUM//DTD PAP 2.1//EN" "http://www.openmobilealliance.org/tech/DTD/pap_2.1.dtd">
<pap>
    <push-message push-id="1362145907.5047" source-reference="XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" deliver-before-timestamp="2013-03-03T13:51:47Z">
        <address address-value="XXXXXXXX" />
        <quality-of-service delivery-method="unconfirmed" />
    </push-message>
</pap>
--mimeBoundaryStringSeuiTyr
Content-Type: text/plain

foo
--mimeBoundaryStringSeuiTyr--

Response:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE pap PUBLIC "-//WAPFORUM//DTD PAP 2.1//EN" "http://www.openmobilealliance.org/tech/DTD/pap_2.1.dtd">
<pap>
    <push-response push-id="1362145907.5047" sender-address="http://cpXXXX.pushapi.eval.blackberry.com/mss/PD_pushRequest" sender-name="RIM Push-Data Service" reply-time="2013-03-01T13:51:47Z">
        <response-result code="1001" desc="The request has been accepted for processing."></response-result>
    </push-response>
</pap>

Thanks

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Push Notifications not arriving

Welcome to the forums!

Could you provide the following details which should help narrow down the likely causes:

1) Were any changes made to the client (even re-installation) at the time the pushes stopped working?

2) What language was this app written in?

3) What is the device model and software version being used to test?

4) What is the expiration time of your EVAL account (stated in the email that included your credentials)

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
New Contributor

Thanks for your swift reply.

1) No changes

2) Java, Android runtime

3) Z10 / STL100-2 / 10.0.9.2372

4) 6/15/2013

Retired

Hey guys,

Just want to jump in real quick to provide some additional info: I looked at the server logs and I can confirm the push mesage was delivered to the device itself. So it appears the push is reaching the device but not reaching the application.

Retired

Is the application open or closed when you try to receive pushes? If closed could you try opening it to see if they arrive?

Are you able to debug the app and see if any errors are seen in the log when the push is coming in? Is the app expecting the push to be plain text, or JSON?

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
New Contributor

I've tried it both open and closed and still no messages.

I can't run the app in debug mode right now because the client side has been outsourced.

The app is expecting plain text, and my plain text 'foo' message did display initially.

I'll need to get in contact with our outsourcers to check on the debug error logs.