Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

New Contributor
rscnx
My Device: z10
Accepted Solution

Push SDK 1.2 - getting request was refused. (i.e. bad or missing username/password) when attempting to push

Hello,

Trying to get sample push working just by using the SDK and push capture sample app (webworks one) and not having any luck. Note there is no custom code involved at all at this point - just sdk + sample app.

- Using public push

- Installed the latest SDK with tomcat and both low and high level samples.

- Entered my push URL as per email (https://cpXXXX.pushapi.eval.blackberry.com)

I can register device and i can use low level sample to do a subscription query and i see the device in the list.

Whenever i send a message though it never comes thru and upon doing a status query (which works BTW) i see Code 2001 and message "The request was refused. (i.e. bad or missing username/password, etc.).",.

Considering i can do all the other operations (query subscriptions, query message status) which use the same username/app id and password i don't think it's a matter of credentials.

Any advise on how to troubleshoot this further ?

raul

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rscnx
My Device: z10

Re: Push SDK 1.2 - getting request was refused. (i.e. bad or missing username/password) when attempting to push

Looks like its working today so must have been something on the backend.

Raul

Please use plain text.