Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

Developer
javayoung
My Device: Alpha 10, Bold 9900, Storm 9530, Tour 9630, Curve 9320, Curve 8900
My Carrier: All
Accepted Solution

Push initiator always return -9999 due to the subscribe request from BlackBerry 10

[ Edited ]

I have one customized push initiator server based on BlackBerry sample push initiator. My push initiator is working properly for my push enabled BB5, BB6 and BB7 applications. But when I use it for BlackBerry 10, the parameters are same just the user name is using by my bb10's pin id, the push initiator always return -9999 general error when send the subscribe request to the push initiator. What is the possible error reason for -9999? Does someone know how to resolve it? My Push sdk version is 1.0.0.5

Thank you

p(^_^)q
Good good study, day day up
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
mdandrea
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Push initiator always return -9999 due to the request from BlackBerry 10

[ Edited ]

Hi,

When you say "sample Push Initiator", do you mean the one that comes with the Push Service SDK or some other one?  I would have to see some sort of SDK logs or PAP XML request and response to help you out more.

Thanks,

Matt

Please use plain text.
Developer
javayoung

[ Edited ]

Yes, it is the high level one that comes with the Push Service SDK. Have you successfully work out the customized Push initiator with BB10 already? Which level and which version of Push Service SDK are you using? Thank you

I am trying to find the log. Please hold on. Thanks

p(^_^)q
Please use plain text.
Developer
javayoung

Thank you for your hint. I finally found the push log and I found it need to add a parameter of "field1".  After I added this parameter to my bb10 client application, it works properly.

p(^_^)q
Please use plain text.
mdandrea

Great.  Just to be clear for others, you were performing a subscribe from the device to your Push Initiator (i.e. not a push).  Is that correct? And, what version of the SDK are you using?

Thanks,

Matt 

Please use plain text.
Developer
javayoung

[ Edited ]

Thank you for your advice. I added the detail information in my post.

BTW, I tested from subscribe, unsubscribe, push and all work. But maybe there is a small bug for the hub. If the application is closed, the hub can recived the pushed message but always show as "New .txt push received". If the application is opened, the message is same as the message which is sent from push initiator.

I am using BB10 Dev alpha device and the SDK version is 10.0.10.261. Right now, I am modifing the PushCollector which is the BB10 cascade sample application and testing the push service based on that.
I choose the mode as "Public/BIS", PPG url is "http://cpxxx.pushapi.na.blackberry.com" (xxx is the first three digits of the application id which is in the subscrition email), I also have my own push initiator with push sdk 1.0.0.5 so that i check the Subscribe with pUsh service SDK.

p(^_^)q
Please use plain text.
mdandrea

Ah, yes, field1 was in an older version of the Push Service SDK to illustrate the ability to add more request parameters to your subscribe request if you wanted to.  It no longer is there in 1.2.  (though you can still add new request parameters like before, we just don't show you an example of one) 

As for the "New .txt push received" message in the Hub.  That is working as expected.  We wanted to illustrate the use of notifications in the BlackBerry Hub.  Notifications can be used to inform a user of something new going on with an app.  So, in ours, we didn't want to put the actual content of the push itself in the notification, but rather, we just wanted the user to know they had a new push that they should go into the app itself to check out (and linked to it through the notification).  

Thanks,

Matt 

Please use plain text.
Developer
javayoung

Thank you for your elaborated explaination. I got it.

p(^_^)q
Please use plain text.