Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Push notifications in Webworks app

Yes, you would be able to send pushes from your Push Initiator to the Push Capture sample we provide installed on your BB10 device.

There's some initial configuration that you have to do in the Push Capture app itself for it to receive pushes (filling in the config screen in the app and then registering from the register screen).  The developer guide has those details.

I can't really speak to whether your Push Initiator PHP code is correct, but if you used to send pushes to pre-BB10 BlackBerries then the code should work for BlackBerry 10 as well.

Matt

Contributor
My Device: BB10
My Carrier: BlackBerry

This is the result that I'm getting when I'm execution my webpage that contain the Push Initiator.

Our PUSH-ID: 0.62485700 1364485111
PUSH-ID: 0.62485700 1364485111
REPLY-TIME: 2013-03-28T15:38:32Z
Response CODE: 1001
Response DESC: The request has been accepted for processing.

Retired

Yep, looks like it's sending out pushes successfully.  You just need to get the Push Capture app installed and configured on your device and you should be able to receive pushes.

Contributor

Thank you very much for your quick answer, I have only 2 more quiestions

Could I for example change the "sample.pushcapture.invoke.push" to "geoLocation.pushcapture.invoke.push"

is that right

for this task:

1. Change the "sample.pushcapture.invoke.push" value in pushCapture/config.xml to something unique of your choosing.

What they mean by saying "config.xml and the HTML files at the root level" I don't inderstad cause usually I don't use Zip files to package and send my application to the BB10 device.

for this task:

Create a ZIP file from your local pushCapture folder with config.xml and the HTML files at the root level of your ZIP (the root level should not be a folder).

Retired

You need a zip file of your source that you then pass to the WebWorks packager (bbwp) which builds a .bar file from it.

There are several folders in the Push Capture source.  config.xml is at the root level.

Contributor

When I'm trying to deply the file I'm getting this error, ( if I deploy another file I'm not at all getting this error ) :

Error : Cannot connect: Connect to /169.254.0.1:443 timed out. Please check IP address settings for the target. You may have to reboot the target.

Retired

This typically means that you need to turn on Development Mode via Settings - Security and Privacy - Development Mode.

Contributor

Thank you very much I was able to send the Push enabled in the Device, but it doesn't listen to my server pushes.

Do they mean by Url pushes the hyperlink of my webPage that I create for the Initiator push: http://www.communitylife.uottawa.ca/en/Vol1.php. 

Cause I get this When I informed the BBteamwork That I want to develop:

For the push Initiator:

Name:

Search BlackBerry Devices

App ID:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Pwd:

xxxxxx

CPID (Content Provider ID):

xxxx

Start Date (MM/DD/YYYY):

2/12/2013

Expiry Date (MM/DD/YYYY):

6/15/2013

Service Type:

Essentials

PPG Base URL**

https://cpXXX.pushapi.eval.blackberry.com

Source IP:

Whitelisting no longer required

Usage:

BES & BIS

For the Enabled push :

Application ID:

xxxxxxxxxx

PPG Base URL**

http://cpXXX.pushapi.eval.blackberry.com

Push Port:

xxxx

Regards,

Thanks.

Contributor

Nevermind it's working verrywell, thank you very much for your help it's really very kind of you, thanks lot.

I have only last question: is there an other type of push if I want to retreive the Geolocation data from the device and send them back to the Webpage  that I did the Initiator push from it, please.

(cause My application finds the Geolocation data of the Blackberry Devices).

Retired

This step wouldn't really involve push.  You might want to use something like an XHR request from your app to communicate the geolocation data back to your server.