Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

My Device: 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Questions on BlackBerry Push Service

Hello,

I want o design an app using the push service. Going through the documentation some questions

remain. Hope to get some support to find answer to the following questions:

Q1.) Will my users need to have an subscription at the BIS service of the respective operator

(question came up when looking at item No. 4 of the Technical Requirements )

Q2.) Are certificates in the Push Initiator/Push Server required similar to the approach taken for the
        Apple Push Notification Server

Q3.) It is still not clear how the Push Proxy Gateway "finds" the BlackBerry device with the respective 

push-enabled application. How is the BlackBerry device identified? Is there a description available?
        Looking into the Push SDK Dev. Guide and the Push Device SDK Features and Technical overview did
        not answer this question.

Thanks a lot

Rerun 

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9380
My Carrier: Airtel India

Re: Questions on BlackBerry Push Service

Q1.) Will my users need to have an subscription at the BIS service of the respective operator

(question came up when looking at item No. 4 of the Technical Requirements )

All users need to registered with Blackberry Push Proxy Gateway URL (PPS BASE URL)

For Evaluation version this url is http://pushapi.eval.blackberry.com

Q2.) Are certificates in the Push Initiator/Push Server required similar to the approach taken for the
        Apple Push Notification Server

certificates are not required in the  Push Initiator/Push Server but if u want u can configue this

Q3.) It is still not clear how the Push Proxy Gateway "finds" the BlackBerry device with the respective 

push-enabled application. How is the BlackBerry device identified? Is there a description available?
        Looking into the Push SDK Dev. Guide and the Push Device SDK Features and Technical overview did
        not answer this question.

Each application has unique app id and push sdk is bind to this id.