Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

Developer
My Device: Curve 9300

Re: Receiving push notification issue

Okay, I have using production environment for 1.5 week. In my condition (while in eval environment) I've already implementing PushApplication in push API, and also override the onmessage() and onstatuschange() but then I got firewall blocked the push message, after that I put the deliverables to my server for OTA then I apply for production and RIM accepted before 24 hours. I don't really know if RIM check the code or not, but you should give it a try to apply with implementing pushapplication and let the onmessage() and onstatuschange() empty first.
Regards,

MBK
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks and kudos to you :-)

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Airtel

Hi Marcobo,

how did you apply for the production environment. please help me get the link for the same.

Thanks

Contributor

Here's the link to apply for Production:

https://www.blackberry.com/profile/?eventId=8207

Make sure that:

1. You have applied for Eval
  2. You have implemented the Push portion of your app

Our Eval access was not working and following instructions in this forum we rushed to apply for Production with Push half-implemented, bad mistake, we got rejected :-(

I know it's a chicken-and-egg problem. How do you implement Push if you can't test with Eval? We implemented Push blindly (largely) and then re-submitted our application. It's not ideal I know but that was the limitations we had to work with and finally we got our approval.

Contributor
My Device: 9780 curve
My Carrier: Etisalat

Hi nrupayshah,

I want to add push notification in my application and I tried using the simplified sampl push demo .then I am getting a success message but my application is still inactive on debug server and I am not getting any push messages on my device .

Can you please help me on this.....

Visitor

I'm having the same issue and my manager already sent an email to BlackBerryPushServices@rim.com, but no answer at all. The application status is active in the Content Provider admin Portal and still valid.
Any advice, please? Even the old version stopped working suddenly.

Thanks in advance!