Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

Regular Contributor
martinwang
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Register Blackberry product push server(BIS) unstable from sample -puah-enable-application

Register Blackberry product push server(BIS) sometime return application ID can not find from sample-push-enable-application. I hard coding the application ID, poort, content url. it is not typing error, Could someone give some hint

Retired
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Register Blackberry product push server(BIS) unstable from sample -puah-enable-application

Could you please elaborate on the issue? Which sample is being used?

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Regular Contributor
martinwang

Re: Register Blackberry product push server(BIS) unstable from sample -puah-enable-application

Hi, gbeukeboom,

Thanks reply.

It is blackberry sample-push-enable-app.

I find I need re add my push application (IP)  from blackberry debug portal whenever I reboot the computer where I install blackberry sdk the push application is not in the list, After I add it. I can register.   I don`t why Could you explain me in detail?

Thanks a lot

Retired
gbeukeboom

Could you verify that your Database is set up and that the appropriate entries for your application are getting populated when it is added?

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Regular Contributor
martinwang

Hi, Garett,

push Application id is stored on blackberry push server side, Is it correct?, I don't install it in db

Retired
gbeukeboom

The Push Service SDK contains 2 samples, 1 for the client (smartphone) and 1 for the push initiator (server).

The server side sample needs to work with a database in order to store data about the application and subscribers. The installer walks you through this.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Regular Contributor
martinwang

Thanks very much,
Now I know why I reboot computer I need re-add application Id since it is in memory.
Questions:
1.) Is it possible do subscription with http request to BIS without involving push initiator?
2.) all subscription status such as who subscriber, suspend, resume... the information are need to store client side, Blackberry push server doesn't maintain these info?
Since our company do DOT.NET development, web server is IIS, our admin don't want maintain two type of web server.

Thanks very much for you help
Retired
gbeukeboom

1) Yes, the BIS PPG will maintain subscription status, but your server will likely need to get notified when a device installs an app which is why this is used

2) You should store this info so you know what PINs to push to. You do not need to use the sample included with the SDK, you can use your own server. All calls are standard PAP XML messages.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Regular Contributor
martinwang

Do you have sample code or reference link how to use standard PAP XML messages do do register / unregistered, suspend / resume.

Thanks
Retired
gbeukeboom