Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

New Contributor
My Device: TORCH
My Carrier: TIGO

Tomcat And Windows Server 2008 Troubleshoot

Hi list i'm installing an apache tomcat in a windows server 2008 Virtual machine VMWARE, the trouble i have is when i run the startup.bat it shows me an error, "The JAVA_HOME environment variable is not defined correctly This environment variable is needed to run this program NB: JAVA_HOME should point to a JDK not a JRE", the path of the JAVA_HOME variable, is set ok, i revised it and there is no problem, i think that don't read the JAVA_HOME path, please if someone can help me with this i'll be so grateful, thanks.

i'm following the BlackBerry Push Service SDK, Getting Started Guide, and i'm intallins the TOMCAT who comes with the BlackBerry_Push_Service_SDK-1.0.1.11.exe.

if somebody can help me  with something i will be so grateful, thank's

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Tomcat And Windows Server 2008 Troubleshoot

I've seen this with Tomcat setup on windows before.  You might want to Google how tomcat looks for the JAVA_HOME variable, because I dont think it can see that variable if your defining that as a system environment variable.  You can try to just set it in the startup.bat file to see if that works.  If it does, please post of exactly what you did so others can learn from.